“Patio Perfection” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Versa Restaurant - CLOSED

Versa Restaurant
Cuisines: French, Grill, American, Canadian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown Quebec City
Cross street: Boulevard Charest
Transit: Plusieurs reseaux du RTC disponible. Many public transportation available
Description: Versa is the only Oyster Bar in Quebec City. Discover the unique seasonal cuisine of Chef Benoit Poliquin. Diver scallops, AAA flank steak, duck brest, and fresh fish arrivals prepared with high standards. Find out what's the chef special of the day.
Calgary
“Patio Perfection”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

We decided to stray from the centre of Quebec to see if we could find a better value (tastier and lower cost) alternative. We stumbled across Versa, because the patio looked nice and there were lots of people.So glad we chose to stop here. The service was quick and efficient. Tap water arrived and was quickly followed by our drink order. We had paid a small surcharge for a salad, which arrived looking lovely. The yellow beets in the salad were amazing. We finished, the plates were whisked away and our mains arrived. Foolishly, we had said that we would handle our allergies ourselves -my salmon was on naan bread (instead of beside as we had assumed) and my lactose intolerant friend had her beef on top of creamy mashed potatoes , with gravy on them. So switching the naan and the potatoes was impossible. But it was all so delicious that we lost ourselves in the meal. I had an espresso that had a perfect topping of creme and paid the bill. A delicious meal

• Visited July 2013

Brisbane, Australia
“Excellent oysters!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

I'm not sure I've seen such a collection of oysters at great prices (think $2 each). Better yet they were beautiful. The restaurant sits in a revitalised part of the city in a pedestrian street with several other bars and restaurants. Although it was quiet on the Wed night we went, it would be a buzzy environment on busier nights. The menu and service was food and we would return.

Visited June 2013
Montreal, Canada
“Great !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I came here with some of my girls on the Ladies night thursday and I have one thing to say : wow. They cut the bill in half, so you get super great food and drinks at a super cheap price. I ordered oysters : so fresh and only 1$ each until 8pm, I would have ordered more. The General Tao made with Jack Daniel's, so so good. The lichitini, out of this world (and only 5$ instead of 10). The deserts were not so good, but you forget quickly because of the food you ate before !!!

1 Thank Emily3333
Toronto
“Chic bistro”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Large, nicely designed restaurant, with an enhanced bistro menu.
They have most of the bistro staple items (tartare, onion soup, steak, chicken, boudin noir etc) and they have the more delicate items (oysters, escargot, fois gras etc).
We enjoyed our diner there. Tasty and flavourful!
A couple of negative points:
1) The atmosphere; given it's a large restaurant it's rather cold.
2)The service is fine but would expect better
3) a bit pricey

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank PPlume
Quebec, Quebec, Canada
“Was not able to finish my dish”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

I had a beef tartare, the worst I ever had. I am use to eat that in many restaurant in the city. the beef looked everything but fresh, it was more brownish than red. It was so disgusting that I was not even able to eat it. The Creme Brulée was bot creamy, and full of lumps. Honnestly the worst food i had in many year...

Visited August 2012