“Nice place to take a break from walking the hills of Quebec City”
Review of Le Pain Beni - CLOSED

Le Pain Beni
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Quebec City
Cross street: rue du Tresor
Reviewed August 5, 2014

We went here to take a breather from walking the hills of this picturesque city. We were slightly hungry so we ordered just a quick snack. My wife who needs GF was pleased to see that they do offer Gluten Free menu. This was also the first time someone would bring GF bread for her at the same time as my regular bread. This way, she wouldn't have to watch me eat bread when she couldn't.

The waitress was very friendly and made sure my wife was well taken care with her GF problem. The waitress knew what was and what wasn't GF. Her knowledge showed us that the staff knew how the food was prepared, what was safe for my wife to eat and so on. When you have this disease, being told that they do care for you, makes us want to come back here again.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

We had read about this place prior to our visit and we decided to go for lunch. We got a spot on the patio. The patio is right in the heart of old quebec, so there is a lot going on around it. We were serenaded by an excellent french musician who was busking nearby during our meal. Their Sangria's were excellent. We had the Pulled Pork Baguette and the Veggie Baguette. Both came with salad and chips. They were both excellent !!! Will return on our next trip to Quebec City.

Reviewed August 2, 2014

The atmosphere was cozy and chic. We made a reservation on Open Table and arrived early (6:30pm is apparently early for dinner) and were able to sit by the open window. Our waiter was friendly and attentive and answered many questions about the menu. Do yourself a favor and start with the cheese fondue - so good. The blueberry creme brulee was crammed with fresh local berries. Unique flavors and a great wine list. Close to the Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac.

1  Thank BelovedMango
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Le Pain Beni has been one of my favorite restaurant in Quebec City since its opening. From the original and funky decor to the innovative cuisine, you're in for a treat. The staff is courteous and efficient and one thing that I always appreciate in restaurants, they will give you their honest opinion about a wine or a dish. I had the "salmon and nordic shrimp tartar with black garlic and cilantro" with sweet potato fries, sour cream and avocado and the chef's inspiration for dessert, both delicious! While this isn't the cheapest restaurant on the block, portions are generous and the people watching (with the Chateau Frontenac in the background) makes up for it.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

I recently posted a rather critical review of this restaurant but I have thought over my review and would like to restate my views.
While the dining experience was not what we expected I have no question that this was an exception and not the rule at La Pain Beni. A significant contributor to my reconsideration has be the frequent contact with the restaurant owner as she has attempted to identify, address and resolve any complaint/concerns that I may have had.
Perfection is never guaranteed but I have learned that this establishment does pride itself on being exceptional and if that does not occur they respond appropriately.
Please consider my revision and make your own judgements but I will say that on my next visit to Quebec, we will return to La Pain Beni.