“Wonderful experience”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Quebec City
Cross street: rue du Tresor
Reviewed May 4, 2014

I chose this restaurant for a dinner out with a group of friends in Quebec City at a conference. We enjoyed it immensely.

A nice point of the menu is the option of ordering 3 appetizers for $36, or topping up your entrée choice with a $10 soup or salad added (petit table d'hote). Three of us did the apps option and were very pleased with the choices and careful arrangement of when each app was served. Enjoyed smoked salmon, smoked buffalo, onion soup (a very different version than the traditional, and fantastic), scallops and salad options.
Another guest had the lamb (beautifully plated and prepared).
All enjoyed the crème brulee option for the evening, with lemon and thyme; and I had a pavlova preparation which was outstanding. We lucked into this choice of restaurant completely on chance, and were so pleased. I hope anyone else going has an equally pleasant experience.
Service was excellent. Our waiter was charming and accommodating. I asked for him to make the choice for my third appetizer and he actually chose one of the options that was not listed as a possibility for the appetizer combo...the scallops...it was a delicious surprise.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

This little restaurant in the heart of Old Québec is a gem; great location, impeccable service, and fabulous food! Had an amazing dinner there; the chef was happy to accommodate my vegetarian preferences… A must when in the old city!

Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

While looking for a good restaurant in the streets of Old Quebec, we found Le Pain Beni. The very positive remarks on Tripadvisor drew us in and I'm glad we did. Friendly service, great food. My wife had deer medaillons and I had Guinea fowl and we both loved it! We recommend this restaurant!

Reviewed March 21, 2014

Delicious fondue made with local Quebec cheeses, which are delightful. Excellent service, lovely decor, close to everything in Old Quebec. Would defintely go back, and recommend to others.

1  Thank Rosie T
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Pretty restaurant with great service.
You can actually hear your dinner partner or partners voice and have a conversation without screaming.
So many restaurants are loud today, this one is a great choice. As you enter you are greeted by a nice hostess. We were served by two people, the service was flawless and friendly. Water glasses were filled you did not have to catch the servers glance to get service.
Attention to details, I always appreciate this. They had pretty wood containers for the butter and good French bread. The China plates had a nice sound when you touched them with your utensils. The plates were hot and the food was hot.
The salad was a nice mix of greens and the soup was a velvet cream of cauliflower with corn not my favorite, but it was good. For the main course I had Quebec deer medallion it melted in the mouth. It was served on a bed of marinated red cabbage, mix of root vegetables and a nice surprise, a rösti of what I think was potato, squash and cheese lightly fried. It was very tasty. Another in the party had the lamb shoulder very well presented in a deep dish with pureed turnip, couscous and apple chips which she said were delicious. Another in the party had the pan-seared cod and said it was very good. Desserts were a bit of a disappointment. I was hoping to order the special cheesecake that was reviewed in trip advisor, but it was not on the menu. If you book online they give you a 10% discount. Very good restaurant, highly recommend it.