“Great if you enjoy fancy looking dishes”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Le Pain Beni - CLOSED

Le Pain Beni
Cuisines: French, Canadian, Soups, European
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Quebec City
Cross street: rue du Tresor
Alberta, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great if you enjoy fancy looking dishes”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2008

I wouldn't consider this to be the best restaurant in Quebec city for myself. However if you enjoy beautifull food preparations, and dont mind spending a little more on dinner, ths is great place for you!

1 Thank adolfc

farmington Hills MI
“It was just okay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2008

We ate lunch here on our visit to QC recently since we were curious as to why this was ranked #1 on the TA forum. So after eating here, we didn't understand why it could be rated #1.
Friendly hostess, very nice outside seating, efficient service, and the food was tasty enough but certainly was not the best meal we've had in Quebec city.
We ordered the prix fixe lunch and started with the cream of mushroom soup, which was good, not great-honestly I've had better soup.
The main entrees also decent, and we both ordered different things. My husband ordered a meat dish, and I ordered the thin-crusted vegetarian pizza.
We both agreed that based on what we had, we wouldn't rate it #1. Now maybe it would be better for dinner. Would we return if we were in the area again or recommend to friends to go out of their way to try this?
Most likely not, as there are so many good ones to choose from..

St. Marys, Canada
“Very Disappointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2008

My wife and I went to this restaurant because it was listed #1 in Quebec City. For the first time I was disappointed in trusting Trip Advisor. We had reservations for 8 p.m. and we were disappointed in our table since it seemed to be close to the open kitchen and lots of waiters picking up food etc. There is no "atmosphere" in this restaurant. Tables very close together and noisy. I had the wapiti and my wife had the "butterFish". The meat was a little tough but I accepted it as gamey. My wife's fish seemed to be a little undercooked but she ate most of it and later wished she hadn't as she became very ill over night. I wouldn't recommend this restaurant to anyone, there are many, many better restaurants in Quebec with nicer dining rooms and better food than this one.

4 Thank David W
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“O.K. Now stay calm everybody,this IS NOT the best restaurant in Quebec city.We were 4 friday night August 29 2008 and...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2008

O.K. Now stay calm everybody,this IS NOT the best restaurant in Quebec city.We were 4 friday night August 29 2008 and we all had a little something to say...The service began great but went downhill to the end.The crab cake was to much salty,the smoke salmon came with the skin and my wils meat was good not great.Remember this is an expensive resto with McDo quality napkins.Sorry but no I will not be back!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Collingwood, Ontario
“Lived up to the previous reviews!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2008

Stopped in here for lunch on our first day in Quebec city.
The food was excellent. The staff were courteous and prompt. The staff did well to pick up we were English. Catered to our every need. Menu had a variety of options. We wish we had had more time to eat here again but will definitely eat here on our next trip back!

1 Thank k8ter