“Sweet Restaurant and Hotel”
Review of Le Pain Beni - CLOSED

Le Pain Beni
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Quebec City
Cross street: rue du Tresor
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We arrived at our hotel, Auberge St. Ann, to find a delightful restaurant connected. Le Pain Beni had a outdoor seating area for watching people. The Onion Soup was classic and perfectly prepared. Breakfast was the high point. We were given great choices from waffles with fresh fruit to a clever breakfast pizza with an egg in the middle. The staff was to be commended. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. Food was delicious and comfortable for a casual foursome of friends.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

I accidentally ordered something with veal which I do not eat (French menu). Waitress right away noticed I hadn't touched my food and insisted I order something else. I was very impressed with this. She was great! Food was ok. I found it bland overall. very quick service though. Very nice patio and classy decor.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Had dinner here our first night in Quebec City. Came here because we were looking for great fondue and Le Pain Beni had excellent reviews. The fondue was delicious, came with grapes, apples, pears and fresh bread. You could also add meat if you choose.

I had a salmon tartar and shrimp meal that was a perfect compliment to the fondue, not too heavy. My wife trie pd a braised lamb dish which was ok, not great.

The location was perfect! Sat outside, watched people pass by, artist doing drawings. Perfect evening.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

If we had dined here on the first night, we may have only dined here. Fantastic menu with huge variety. Shared French Onion Soup - may have been the best ever!! Shared Cheese Fondue for Two. Served with apples, pears, grapes and crusty French bread pieces. Also tried the Foie Gras and the Roasted Tomato Salad. Crème Brulee was over the top.

2  Thank Elise W
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We enjoyed our meal here. We dined outside so it was great people watching. I had a noodle dish which I can't remember the name of, but it was delicious. My wife had a grilled romaine salad which she loved. We also both had the sweet potato soup--delicious. I recommend this place over some others we tried in Quebec City.

1  Thank Barbara S