“Fondue to die for”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Quebec City
Cross street: rue du Tresor
Reviewed July 3, 2013

My wife and I had an outstanding experience at Le Pain Beni. We enjoyed a nice bottle of wine, but were particularly pleased with the Fondue for two. We added fine meat cuts to our bread, grapes, apples and pears. The combination of these items with the mixture of cheeses was incredible. We also enjoyed the outdoor dining where you could watch the artists and interesting people go by. I would highly recommend!

1  Thank Steve V

Reviewed July 2, 2013

We had dinner at this restaurant. This restaurant is located inside the Auberge Place d'Armes. I would say we came out of this restaurant with mixed emotions. Half of the plates were good and the other half was very average. However service was good. If your staying at the Auberge and don't want to go out because of the bad weather then its ok. But if you feel like walking then you have way better options elsewhere. It is also expensive considering the quality: our dinner cost us $150 with 2 glasses of wine.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

The reviews are right. This is small venue with excellent food and wine at none Old Town prices. I would have rated it a5 but the creme brûlée was just OK- the custard could have been colder and tastier? The grilled romaine salad was unique- loved it! The potatoe/ bacon soup was subtle and good

1  Thank Shiffer1
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Intimate little restaurant. Great ambiance and great service. The food was excellent, fresh ingredients and prepared to order. One of the best in the area. A must.

2  Thank Lena15448
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I have stopped here more than once during our stay in Old Quebec and regardless of the time of day or meal served, it was always excellent!

My husband and I enjoyed a late evening bottle of wine with the BEST fondue pot in the city - the cheese was delicious and well matched with apples, bread and fine meats - a great selection and sooo wonderful, it ended up being our dinner - we just couldn't stop! We finished with dessert and I cannot even remember what my husband had because my vanilla creme brulee infused with lavender took ALL of my attention!

Later in the week, my friend and I stopped in for a mid afternoon snack, our waiter Jean Franciose was incredible. When I explained to him how I preferred my martini - he offered to make it himself and it was perfect!!! Although they did not have a cheese plate in the menu that time of day (A big mistake if you ask me), he accommodated our request and not only had them make one, he took the time to explain them all and offered a delicious wine pairing for them!

I will definitely be stopping in again and again to sit and sip and eat and watch the artists on the row!

Do not miss this gem of a restaurant in the heart of Old Quebec!

2  Thank Butterflymbca