“Great meal and service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Pain Beni - CLOSED

Le Pain Beni
Cuisines: French, Canadian, Soups, European
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Quebec City
Cross street: rue du Tresor
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great meal and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

We were all very happy with our meal.. Waiter was attentive to allergies and had a nice sense of humor.. I had requested an item that is on the lunch me u and they were able to accomodate the request for dinner. We had one of the pizzas.. A bit cheesier than I am accustomed to.. So if you love cheese, you will love the pizzas.. Otherwise, ask them to go easy on it.. Prices are ok.

But overall.. Nice meal... Nice experience

• Visited September 2012

Shreveport, Louisiana
“Great breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

The restaurant was recommended by my hotel with a nice discount attached. Although this is sometimes a cause for concern, I really enjoyed my breakfast of waffles with maple syrup and a variety of fresh fruit. My husband's meal came with toast and homemade jam. I took a taste and confirmed with the waiter that it included a hint of rhubarb. Yum! Service was solicitous. A table by the window was an added bonus.

• Visited September 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Best Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

Cheerful, elegant, better service and food than most. Very accommodating and friendly staff. As a vegan traveler I had no difficulty getting just what I needed.

Visited September 2012
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Great atmosphere, imaginative food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

We ate outside on a warm evening in August on the opening night of the Fete de La Nouvelle France, so the atmosphere was great and our meal was accompanied by the sounds of the passing parade. The food was tremendous - I had the parsnip milk and vanilla poached halibut, which was delicious, and a wonderfully exotic desert of lime-chili Sable with white chocolate foam, lime jelly and cucumber sorbet (a first for me!) which was as good as it sounds. The wine (Canadian) was excellent, and the service was helpful and friendly - highly recommended.

• Visited August 2012
Austin, Texas
“Bistro fine dining on the Place d’Armes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

I’ve eaten at Le Pain Beni 3 times over the last 5 years when in Quebec. Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner it is safe bet for a great meal right on the Place d’Armes and pedestrian only Rue Sainte-Anne. My parents and I had dinner at Le Pain Beni Tuesday September 11, 2012 and had a great early evening meal outdoors on Rue Sainte-Anne.

We all had the 3 course petite table d’hote for $29. They have a great wine section by the glass; I had a nice Pinot Gris that went well with the meal. The soup was a fantastic thick Cream of Turnip soup. The main course Parsnip milk and vanilla poached halibut, delicate and mild, the fish was nice and flakey. For desert a huge Maple Brown Butter Crème’ Brulee, it had a great sugar top that cracked when you hit it and smooth creamy center. Fantastic with coffee.

I like eating outdoors here on the Rue Sainte-Anne, it is a lovely spot neat the Chateau Frontenac and the food and service never disappoints.

Visited September 2012