“Nice decor, bad food”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Quebec City
Cross street: rue du Tresor
Reviewed June 2, 2012

I was extremely disappointed by this restaurant. The decor is modern and very nice, however, it did not match the food at all! It seems almost that based on the very positive reviews here that this place has a new chef and/ or owner. I ate there for lunch and it was plain bad. I ordered an entrecote with salad. The meat was ok but the mustard sauce had a very bad taste and was burned. The cesar salad had way too much creamy sauce, actually it was a sauce with a bit of salad. The cost was 18$ not bad but not worth it as the food was awful. I will not go back.

Reviewed May 31, 2012

We enjoyed the modern decor of the restaurant and the very creative presentations that the chef used, even with the dessert.

Reviewed May 30, 2012

We ate at le Pain Beni for lunch. Our party had the grilled veal, curry lamb sausage with couscous and the prosciutto linguine from the prix fixe menu. The meals were reasonably price (around $18) as they included a choice of an appetizer, a desert and coffee or tea. The food there was excellent with great presentation. The server was very friendly and attentive and spoke fluent English. The restuarant was also very conveniently located in the heart of Upper town of Old Quebec on Rue Sainte-Anne. Overall our experience was quite enjoyable. Definately must try if you are in Old Quebec!

Reviewed May 17, 2012

We went here after quick browse through the handy dandy Trip Advisor app on my iPhone.

This charming little restaurant is situated on Rue St-Anne in Le Vieux Quebec. So many choices but at #6 Le Pain Beni got my attention.

The decor is fresh and crisp and they were able to accomodate us without a reservation. The wine list is extensive and the menu is very diversified and adventurous.

We had the cheese fondu and it did not disappoint. Delish!!! Would definitely come back, hopefully soon!

I'm giving it a 5 star for value despite the pricy menu only because of the attention to flavour and extra special selection of food combinations.

The only thing I would have done differently is sat outside to take in the view. it was only on the way out that I realized the patio was heated.

Reviewed May 2, 2012

This restaurant was downstairs where we were staying so breakfast was included in or accom. it was nice to have lots of choices as well as fruit and cereal option - the coffee was not so good though. The dinner was excellent - the rabbit was beautiful and tender and moist so was the red deer dish. The deconstructed apple crumble was also yum - even with the cheddar cheese ice cream!!