“Tapas really?” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cafe Sirocco

Cafe Sirocco
Ranked #157 of 1,427 Restaurants in Quebec City
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Montcalm
Cross street: Cartier
Transit: Metrobus (#800 ou #801) #25, #11
Québec
“Tapas really?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

Great place to go for what they call tapas but are in fact bit size appetizers. They are so small they can't be shared. Interesting choice tried 15 of them and had the wine trilogy as well. Ambiance is ok and so is service but nothing to weite home about.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank chagallvoyage

Winnipeg, Canada
“Best meal in Quebec City”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

Cafe Sirocco offered us the best meal, most attentive service and charming ambiance during our stay. It has lots of choice in ordering, which suited us very well. I chose to order 3 appetizers and savoured every bite. My husband had one of their daily specials (salmon tartare), which included salad and delectable french fries. Before they brought out his order, they asked him to sample the salmon to make sure it was seasoned to his liking.

We were celebrating a milestone birthday and were extremely satisfied with our meal and experience. It's only a 10 minute walk from the old town, on Rene-Levesque at Cartier. It has lots of space, but it doesn't feel cavernous. We reserved online with OpenTable.

• Visited August 2013
NJ
“Fun pan-Mediterranean modern bistro”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

This was our favorite dinner in Quebec City. It's not "French" or "Italian" but more of a pan-Mediterranean modern bistro. They have a large selection of tapas, many tartare options, pastas, grilled items, etc. There are also several ways to order besides a la carte. We couldn't decide so we got the selection of 25 tapas bites ($43), leaving it to chef's choice. A variety of hot and cold hors d'oeuvres arrived like a sampler plate from an amazingly catered wedding! People with smaller appetites than we could easily make this their entire meal. However, we went on to order and share a velvety Soupe de Poisson and a unique creamy pasta dish garnished with charcuterie and peas. Once again, the choices for dessert baffled us, so we succumbed to our greed and ordered the Dessert Sampler Surprise for 2 ($23). Do not order this unless you are at least 4 people! Massive! It was like the tapas platter all over again in ice cream, cake, mousse, and creme brulee. So good. Too much! Extensive awarded wine list, with a nice by the glass selection, as well as several varieties of sangria and martinis.

• Visited August 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
“One of the best experience...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

I truly miss Quebec and it's variety of Cafe and Bistro. While visiting my sisters (3) we stopped at Cafe Sirocco for a late dinner. The staff was so welcoming and attentive to us throughout the meal. We were attended immediately. The server, Tony Roy, went out of his way to recharge my iphone so I could take few more pictures at the resto.
The menu was explained to us, recommendations were made, the suggested wine was perfect (not the most expensive either). An Entree was serve as an appetizer - the delicious Boudin - I had the Fish of the Day, my sisters had Flank Steak, the Tartare was also a delight. The trendy ambiance and the lighting are soothing. I wish I would have had the chance to try their Brunch ... next trip. If I was living in Quebec City, Cafe Sirocco, would be my "Cheers" place to hang out. I highly recommend Cafe Sirocco.

• Visited July 2013
Victoria, BC
“Brunch at Cafe Sirocco”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

I went with a group of 15 business colleagues for brunch at Cafe Sirocco and found everything to be excellent including the service, quality, and quantity o food. We had the brunch menu, which included a smoothie, tea/coffee, and a main entree (large omelette fully stuffed with mushrooms, side salad, fresh hash brown potatoes, and a fruit salad) all for $9.50. There was no problem with service or attitudes. Based on this experience, I would definitely recommend brunch!

• Visited June 2013