“LOVED IT”

L'Echaude
Ranked #25 of 1,437 Restaurants in Quebec City
Cuisines: French, Canadian, European
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Downtown Quebec City
UK
“LOVED IT”
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

A really good restaurant, we had a fantastic meal for my birthday. The service was excellent, Quebec sparkling wine superb and the food memorable.

• Visited June 2013

Whitehorse, Canada
“Excellent service, welcoming ambience”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

My sister and I were looking for a really good meal within walking distance of our hotel. After walking around checking out other restaurants, we decided to try this one. It didn't disappoint. We were given a warm welcome and seated quickly. The service was very professional, helpful when desired but not hovering. The food was delicious and beautifully presented. The wine suggestions were good. It seemed a bit noisy at first but it wasn't overly so. The staff were gracious enough to let us practice our French. A very pleasant dining experience. By the time we left, the restaurant was packed. I would definitely recommend it and would dine there again.

1 Thank Gertie68
Brisbane, Australia
“Great bistro”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Busy French style bistro. Very good service. I has the duck confit and my husband had the pork chop with wontons. Both were excellent. The entree of risotto was a bit chewy for risotto and was disappointing. Maybe shouldn't have ordered risotto at a French restaurant. Very good creme brulee and I am known as the creme brûlée expert. So good we returned again during our stay.

Toronto, Canada
“Wrong Order”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Arrived without a reservation and were greeted well and seated at the bar as the restaurant was full. I think this could have been a really good experience given different circumstances but as it was it was very disappointing. Service was reasonably good but the order was taken down incorrectly. We ordered duck confit which I always order if it is available. What arrived was duck but it didn't look like duck confit. I should have said something but the place was really busy and I didn't want to make a fuss. So we ate it and it was not at all good. Very tough and very little food, or flavour, for $34. I believe the dish was called duck Maynard. We had one glass of wine and the duck entree and the bill was $100. We were going to have dessert but after the lack lustre duck we didn't bother. I did tell the waitress/bar tender that the order was wrong but by then it was too late. A disappointing start to dining in Quebec City which improved when we tried other restaurants.

Visited June 2013
Kilmarnock, Virginia
“Nice Experience”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We had a very pleasant dining experience here in May. The waiter was quite friendly and offered helpful suggestions. My wife had the salmon and loved it. The restaurant was packed and rather noisy but overall a very nice meal.