“Fantastic ambience”

Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Quebec City
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This restaurant in the old town is tough to beat. The staff are friendly and attentive. The food is delicious. I found all of Quebec to be a culinary treat and this restaurant will not disappoint. I'd highly recommend it.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,004)

Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

We both felt this restaurant was inviting, friendly and a great meal. We had an asparagus crabmeat salad , shellfish in lobster broth, warm goatcheese salad, and encrusted halibut. Delicious

Reviewed May 25, 2013

I was in Quebec City on business and I was hoping to try out dinner at a French Bistro. This restaurant was recommended to me by the concierge at my hotel. This place is definitely more on the trendy side, less on the traditional side, but that was fine with me. I don't speak French, and the host and servers were all very kind - no snobbery at all! I had the salmon tartare for a starter - it was amazing- I wish I had the entree size (which is an option). For my entree I tried something a little more French - duck confit. This was served with frites and salad and was good overall. For dessert I had a deconstructed caramel cheesecake - this looked cool, but was just ok taste wise. Overall, I was very happy with this recommendation and would definitely try it again - there are so many things on the menu I would have liked to have tried.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

We three had dinner here one night. Whilst the atmosphere was really nice and buzzy, the food was a little hit and miss. I wasn't crazy about my scallop and beetroot risotto but my wife and sister in law raved about their mains, saying they were totally delicious. Desserts were so-so. I've had better cheesecakes than the one on offer here, a kind of de-constructed affair and my wife felt that the blueberry mille feuille was too sweet and she has a sweet tooth.

Shame there isn't a good rating on tripadvisor because I would have picked that. It was definitely better than average but not quite very good in our view.

1  Thank MattWrightMold
Reviewed May 19, 2013

The ambience is lovely and the food is good. Great service and fabulous location. The patio in summer time is especially great.