“Winner”

Cuisines: Sushi, Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Good place for sushi and Japanese food with a nice ambiance and vibe. There's nothing groundbreaking here as most high end sushi places will be quite similar. We had an assortment of sushi and I also ordered the Filet Mignon dish which was very good. If you want good Japanese food and sushi then you won't go wrong with this place. The service was very good too. The total of your bill shouldn't be a surprise if you're frequent sushi eaters as it definitely isn't cheap.

Tip: If you're an American like me and usually only order fried rice with your dish as the rice option then you're out of luck because they only serve white rice and don't offer fried rice as an option. When I asked for fried rice it was as if the waiter had no idea what I was talking about.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

Very friendly and cozy ambiance, good services.
Taste Tataki Tuna and don't forget Salmon "Maki surprise" if you like sushi. Good for your life and for your heart!
Best sushi restaurant in Quebec city!

Reviewed July 18, 2012

I was very pleased with this restaurant. I picked the Kelan for 45$+tx (for 2 people) and there was a LOT of food. The lobster maki was great and the TMT was good too! However, these were not my favorite pieces. The Kelan came with 2 spoons which contained some rice and a mixture of fish, tempura flakes, masago and other things I couldn't recognize. I have no idea what they are called, but they were so yummy and slightly spicy! I've eaten at the Metropolitain before (excellent food by the way), but it is expensive compared to Kimono.

BUT, I could not believe that I had to wait 1 hour (after the entree)! I was seated at 6:30PM sharp (had a reservation and it was a Tuesday night) and there was still no food at 8:00PM! I wonder how long people wait on weekend nights!

I will probably come back, but will try to get to the restaurant before 6!

Reviewed January 7, 2012

I have tried number of sushi joints in the Qc City area and I think this is the best one out of the lot. I love sushi and keep coming back to this one because I know I'll get good quality sushi. They have a very good selection of rolls. They are big but i think they area bit pricey.

The restaurant is located in Ste-Foy and is not close to historical Quebec City so it is a bit out of the way if you're there for sightseeing. The restaurant is relatively new and has a great ambiance. It is located near shopping centers so if you are finishing some shopping in Ste-Foy or if you are looking for quality sushi and don't mind paying a bit more, then this is a place for you...

Reviewed August 6, 2011

Dinner at the new location on Route de L'Eglise in Ste-Foy. We are sushi lovers.
Beautiful decor, great service but very slow. It took quite a while to get our drinks. Wonderful sushis, we tried the chef special. It was yummy: makis, nigiris, shashimis all great! A very pleasant experience!

2  Thank Francine058