“Service great...food...eh”

Good for: Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Quebec City
Reviewed May 26, 2013

So the great thing was that the service was great considering that we walked in with our 2 year old son. So rate this so high because of the atmosphere and service.

We had an early dinner. So the dinning room was quiet. The Manager was super nice to us and our son. The waiter was genuinely nice and helpful.

Now the food is what we expected when we looked at the menu. Nothing stellar but portions seemed to be good for the price. My husband had the steak meal and thought it was good but not great. It came with soup and salad. I had the special of the night, scallops, veggies, and rice. I have to say that it was just OK as it was prepared in a citrus cream sauce.

Would I go again? Maybe... In the same circumstances as we were trying to find a kid friendly place that was not fast food.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Every day we passed this restaurant and every time I looked at the menu and the photo of steak and fries which is the specialty of the house until we decided to go. The place was absolutely packed and we had no reservation so we had to wait about ten minutes until they had a table available for us, luckily we were seated facing one of its windows overlooking the street which made our dinner more enjoyable. The service was good despite the fact that the place was packed and in my opinion had little staff working. The steak comes in three different sizes and different prices of course but I must clarify that the price will include soup, salad, steak and fries, wine and dessert, so for the price of restaurants in Quebec, I think it was very good deal. The meat was cooked to perfection and brings a delicious sauce, and chocolate profiterones are exquisite.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

That, indeed is the only problem with this restaurant: we can't resist it!! On our annual trips to Québec City, we always have good intentions to try other restaurants but... we always return to L'Entrecôte St. Jean. And sometimes, even two evenings in a row!! Perfect value for money. The most amazing steak/frites with a sauce I could drink it is so good. Roughly $30 for a good-sized steak, frites 'allumettes', the sauce, a delicious soup AND a salad as a starter. And profiteroles (or another choice) for dessert!! Does it get any better? Yes, the service is always friendly, efficient, professional, and fast. And, if you're lucky, you'll be seated at a window table perfect for people watching as they stroll along wonderful rue St. Jean

Reviewed April 10, 2013

We were here this week (April 2013) and it was an excellent choice for a large group (20).
Most of us had the specialty...steak frites....and my steak was perfect, cooked just the way I ordered.
Some had the trout and the fish casserole and were very pleased with their choices!
Prices are reasonable.
Service was EXCELLENT....our waiter, Serge, was personable, funny and very very efficient!!!
You will not be disappointed to eat here!!!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We went to this restaurant in January 2013. The service was fantastic and extremely friendly.
The food was just as good, I chose the steak and my wife the duck. Both meals melted in your mouth. Next time we go to Quebec city we will go back to this fine establishment. Thanks to the staff for making us feel like frequent clients.