“Gluten-free paradise!”

Chez Victor
Ranked #47 of 1,434 Restaurants in Quebec City
Cuisines: American, Bar, Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Downtown Quebec City
Montreal, Canada
“Gluten-free paradise!”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Great fries and burger!! I got the special of the week... .delicious! They are aware of cross-contamination

Visited March 2014
1 Thank luvgirl

Halifax, Canada
“Delicious burgers- will definitely go back when in the city again!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Chez Victor has anything you could think of for a burger- and more! Service was quick and friendly. The menu has many different options (including some vegetarian options). Really tasty- I enjoyed my chicken burger and my fiancé really liked his boar burger. The fries come with homemade flavoured mayo- and you get to choose which flavour :) And it was quite reasonably priced. We were told that each Chez Victor has its own slightly different menu with location specific burgers- will likely check out a different location next time.

• Visited January 2014
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unique Burgers! Great price!”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Chez Victor is truly a unique burger joint. Although the menu is entirely in French, the servers are very friendly and helpful when ordering. The variety of burgers here is not something you come across in America. My boyfriend and I were adventurous and decided to try a wild boar burger and a venison burger. Both were awesome! Meal comes with a plate full of fries, which were great, and a choice of mayo dipping sauce for 15 CAD. We also split a pitcher of sangria for 12 CAD. Very affordable and more than enough food to satisfy!

• Visited March 2014
Quebec, Canada
“Know what to choose”
Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

Restaurant with cachet. Original burgers made with lots of local products. Don't expect fast-food! If you are hungry, you should have the beef, or pork. There are game burgers too. I had deer...such a little piece of meet in a large bun is a sin. I don't enjoy fries with the skin (too bad for me, right!). Home made mayo is great. Have a beer : the "okay" wine is too expensive by the (half) glass (around $7 a glass). Same with the desert and coffee. They are nice, but $4 for a long shot is too much. Service is courteous and "sympathique".

Visited February 2014
Quebec City, Canada
“Simply delicious!”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

My boyfriend and I were ravenously hungry when we go to Chez Victor and luckily, it really hit the spot, in a way that only an incredibly juicy burger and a sizeable pile of crispy fries can. I got le montagnard and he had le sanglier. Personally, I found mine to be better than his but then again, he liked his better than mine. Mine was a beef patty with goat cheese and other fixings but the goat cheese was really the star. So nice and creamy! Le sanglier (wild boar) was good, full of mushrooms which my boyfriend loves (I do too, just less) but le montagnard reigns supreme.

The fries are amazing, by the way. I swapped my fries for a poutine, which was a fantastic idea. It was a really good poutine, but I was too distracted by my amazing goat cheese burger to truly appreciate it. But it was definitely delicious. My boyfriend just had fries but I stole many of them and dunked them into the maple and rosemary mayonnaise which was just sooooo goood. As a mayo-and-fries enthusiast, I was overjoyed by the variety of mayonnaises and definitely want to try every single one soon.

All in all, wow! The St-Jean location is pretty nice, lots of room and it was pretty cute that there were candles on the table. It was kinda romantic for a burger place, which was sweet. What a great burger! Such amazing fries! It's not really that expensive at all considering you get a high quality burger and so many incredible fries. If only the fries were endless, and the mayo as well...

I'm definitely going to be coming here again and I don't think my boyfriend will mind very much.

• Visited February 2014