“The best burgers and fries in town!”
Review of Chez Victor

Chez Victor
Ranked #35 of 1,476 Restaurants in Quebec City
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Quebec City
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I have lived in Quebec City, more specifically in the St-Jean-Baptiste neighborhood, for several years and Chez Victor (the one on Saint-Jean street) has always been one of my favourite burger restaurants; I used to go there almost every Friday! This time, we went to one of their new locations in Cap-Rouge and again, I was not disappointed. The decor is lovely, reminded me of a sugar shack. The five of us had different burgers and all of them were excellent; their French fries are delicious. They offer a kid menu for $9 that my 7-year-old son ate entirely (and he’s not a big eater, normally). We did not have enough room for dessert (portions are quite big) but if you do, you should try their chocolate cake. Great assortment of beers (draft and bottle); the draft cider was delicious as well.

There are newer reviews for Chez Victor

Reviewed August 25, 2013

My family (3 adults, 3 kids - 10, 8, 5) walked from a downtown hotel (TRYP) to Chez Victor and enjoyed the 15 minute walk up the hills. Then we really enjoyed a great meal. The kids had great burgers off the kids menu and 2 of them subbed in poutine for fries. They love the poutine - although they prefer melted cheese to the authentic curds used at Victors. The adults had a variety of burgers - all extremely tasty - and enjoyed sampling all 6 mayonnaise options with our fries - mustard, dill, maple syrup, cajun, curry and 1 other - all yummy. By the end, we were all so stuffed that no one could finish - until the boys heard an offer for dessert! They shared a piece of rich chocolate cake and found room to devour it! We were happy to have the walk back to the hotel to help with our super full bellies! One last thing - the service was excellent and our waitress, who also works as a tour guide, was happy to help us in English.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Escape the super expensive, sup par food in the old down of Quebec city. This place is about a 15 minute walk, but so cute, past more of the authentic city. Delicious burger, I got the pork burger special; blue cheese, carmalized onions, apple chutney, yumm!!!! Hard to read the menu, no English version, and can't lie, the staff seemed a little annoyed that we didn't speak French. But the food was wonderful. We also got poutine with brown gravy, fries stayed crispy and the cheese curds were so good!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

My husband and I loved everything about this place. Not too far of a walk from our hotel (Palace Royal), amazing burgers and fries, mayonnaise simply delicious, variety in choices of meals and family friendly. The waiter provided an excellent service. Always worth eating out of the touristic area is Quebec City. Must try!

Reviewed August 18, 2013

I had the salmon burger with salad - both delicious. My husband had the pork burger and poutine which he also enjoyed. I don't recall what my son had but he enjoyed it. Lots of variety on the menu, good sized servings, good service.