“The most expensive lunch I've ever had!!”

Bistro Sous le Fort
Ranked #20 of 1,520 Restaurants in Quebec City
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Quebec City
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Two salads and two glasses of wine + tip cost $82. One salad was chicken with greens and cranberries and the other salmon with sour cream on top. The chicken was excellent. The salmon good. But neither are worth $20 and $21 respectively. We sat outside on a pretty day. Service was very good. I rated it a 4 for the food and service only. I've found that in Quebec City ALL food is terribly expensive.

1  Thank RBonTheLake
Write a ReviewReviews (1,302)

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We started out on the patio but had to move in when it started to rain. It was hot and the inside is very cramped but the service made up for all that. The food was good. but would not say it was the best I've ever had.It is located on a nice sidestreet just outside the city wall so the people watching from the patio is great.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

We heard this was great and it certainly was...compliments to the chef! If you like ribs and filet mignon and great French food, this is the place. Our waiter was flamboyant, atmosphere was up-beat and it was a cozy and quaint place. Be sure to make reservations as it is a popular and smaller restaurant.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

The service was very friendly. The food was very good. We spent most of the night there, watching the rain, drinking port wine after dinner and chatting with the waitress. Great atmosphere.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

We ate here on our first night in Quebec. The service was really great, very friendly. No problems here if you don't speak French. We sat outside to take in the atmosphere and it is a great place to observe the lower town. I had the fish and chips which were very good and also came with a small portion of salad. My husband had the salmon which he said was very good. He likes a dark beer which can be hard to find in a lot of places, especially during the summer. They had the St Ambroise noire here which he really enjoyed. It is a Quebecois beer, and if you like beer, definitely try a Quebecois one while in Quebec! While my husband enjoyed a couple beers, I was drinking water. Our server then brought me a small sample digestif on the house because he said he felt bad I had nothing to drink. I thought that was very nice. Not cheap here, but typical prices for the city. I highly recommend eating here.