“Our go-to restaurant over the weekend”

Bistro Sous le Fort
Ranked #21 of 1,511 Restaurants in Quebec City
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Quebec City
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Well located on a narrow, pedestrian street facing the Fanicular. We ate here twice, both times on the small, raised, overcrowded, but attractive patio outside. The menu and atmosphere were similar to many others in the lower town but we always like a quiet patio separated just a little from passersby. Service was excellent as were the fish and chips and steak frites we ordered. Like everything else in the Old City it is mildly overpriced with too much of a markup on alcohol, but compared to its competitors it seems less extortive.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,293)

Reviewed June 27, 2013

We went for lunch. Great place, great food and great service. Best blueberry cheesecake I have ever had. We had chicken soup with shrimps in almond sauce and vegetables and everything was tasty and delicious. As usual in old Quebec you also pay for the location, but with this kind of food, it is not an issue. Service also a plus, very friendly girls trying to understand my French :)

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Bas-ville or lower town is where the original settlement of Quebec City was situated. It is full of places to visit, shops and pretty views. After a few hours you need a place for lunch and this one comes highly recommended. We has the tasting plate which was excellent. Prices are good compared to some of the fine dining establishments in the area.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Bistro Sous le Fort is in the lower city of old Quebec. It's a very small place but we found it big on service, friendliness, and quality food. My wife and I had lunch there - she had quiche and I had an elk burger - and both our meals were very good. They don't have an extensive beer list, but I was able to have a St. Ambroise, which is not half bad.

All in all, highly recommended for a very nice lunch experience in beautiful Quebec City.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

We returned to this little restaurant after about 2 years when I reviewed it positively.
We had steak and frites and the meal was good made even more pleasant by the server Reine - Lise and I had remembered Adrian from our previous experience.
He ,kind as previously, presented us each with a liqueur on the house.
It happened to be 2 days from our 50 th wedding anniversary!