“Average food, but excellent location”

Bistro Sous le Fort
Ranked #21 of 1,483 Restaurants in Quebec City
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Quebec City
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We sat on the small and tightly packed terrace and had good service. My burger was OK, not excellent. The salad accompanying it was fresh and tasty. My partner had a shredded duck sandwich. The bun was cold and the sandwich could have been improved. The onion conserve with it was fine and the fries were properly cooked. We shared the creme brulee which we both enjoyed. The wine by the carafe was good. Would we go again? Of course, to sit on the terrace as we always do when visiting over the last twenty years, but I would choose something different to nibble on. The server offered to start the outdoor heater and the blankets on the chairs were welcome.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

We stopped here for dinner on our stroll through Old Quebec. The atmosphere was warm and inviting and the service was very friendly. We were seated promptly and given our menus. We ordered the luke warm chicken salad with cranberries, oranges, and maple dressing and the beef filet mignon and shrimp. The chicken salad was absolutely delicious and, from what I could tell from my boyfriend's squeaky clean plate, so was the filet mignon/shrimp. We decided to share the dulce de leche crème brûlée, which unfortunately didn't really live up to the main course; it was a too liquidy to really be a crème brûlée. I would definitely go again on a future visit, but I'd probably try a different dessert next time.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

In the heart of a lovely little shopping area near the bottom of the Funicular , this little place is perfect for lunch on the front deck where the heaters keep you warm on a brisk day, and you can watch everyone passing by! A bowl of onion soup, and/or a sandwich, a glass or two of wine and you've just spent a couple of enjoyable hours. There are very nice shops on the nearby streets and this is a Lovely place to spend some time after coming down the "break-neck steps" and wandering through some shops. Very friendly waitstaff, good prices and charming place to watch the throngs of people. Had two lunches here and would easily go again.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Upon recommendation of Tripadvisor, my wife and I ate at the bistro during a recent trip to Quebec City. Although we did not sit outside, we did sit in an open window way. We started with the Crevettes Tempura, shrimp tempura served with an aioli dip.For our mains, we had Enfin de retour, a green salad with luke warm chicken, cranberries and oranges served with a maple dressing and their BBQ ribs. We would highly recommend any of these choices. The service was excellent, the pacing of the meal was just right. The glasses of wine we had were served from the bottle, Oyster Bay Sauvignon blanc and Château La Bastide Corbières, We each had a glass of Sortilège,with our shared Crème brûlée dessert.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

It's a nice place to sit outside for awhile and the staff is very friendly and efficient. I don't recall what we had; but, I remember it seemed pretty average and I wouldn't call this a destination restaurant.