“Nice Restaurant on a Cold Winter Night”

Restaurant Pub D'Orsay
Ranked #99 of 1,476 Restaurants in Quebec City
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Quebec City
Reviewed December 16, 2013

The Table d'Hôte was excellent value. Two dinners for $40. Salad, Soup, Entree, Dessert and Coffee. Ceaser Salad. Pea Soup, Thick Pork Chop with Scalloped Potato. Chocolate Mousse. All was very good.

There are newer reviews for Restaurant Pub D'Orsay

Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

The food is just ok. Nothing special. The service to English speakers is abrupt but efficient. I won't return here mainly because there must be better places. I was reminded to tip when paying the bill.

1  Thank imike
Reviewed December 11, 2013

while in Quebec City we had dinner here.it seems to be a local pub with a sort of old world meets new interior.the food was ok but not great,it has a menu to meet most of the patrons needs from bugers to pasta.

1  Thank Rich G
Reviewed December 3, 2013

My husband and I arrived in Quebec City late at night and everything was closed. We were hungry, so an employee at our hotel suggested we try Pub D'Orsay. Dinner was no longer being served, but someone in the kitchen came out with food for us! We ate at the bar, and the young men working there were very friendly. The food hit the spot, and the water tasted so good that I was surprised it was tap water. There's quite a difference between tap water in Quebec and tap water in San Diego, California.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

We walked into this place after searching for a restaurant on a cold November evening. Not a planned visit - just to sit down, warm up and eat somewhere. There were four of us - my wife, mother-in-law, myself and a newborn bay son of mine.

The place is recommended in the Quebec City tourist brochure as a "Restaurant that thinks it is a pub". This is very true. It is a nice cozy place wit dimmed lights and the ambiance of a restaurant. At the same time it kind of feels like a good old pub.

The menu is fair and prices are relatively modest for a downtown place.
They had a Table d'hôte special of $40 for two - that's what I got for the ladies.
For appetizers they ordered Fried oysters (really good) and Caesar salad (nothing special).
Soups were soup of the day (vegetables - nothing special) and an absolutely AMAZING seafood chowder.
Main courses were Pork chop (quite big for y mother-in-law, so I had to help) and Beef tenderloin for my wife.
Two desserts I do not really remember because we had to leave early due to baby crying.
I reserved a burger for myself.

The staff are great. Friendly, without over-the-top interest in "how is everything going".

I have to note their bathrooms. To me the bathroom of a restaurant is actually its face. The face of Pub D'Orsay is very good. Clean and modern. They have eco-friendly Dyson hand-dryers, which to me tells the owner cares about both environment and the guests' hygiene.

Some negative things (that removed one star):
1. My wife ordered her meat medium-well but got it fairly red on the inside.
2. No changing table for a baby in the men's restroom. I had to change my kid in the stall. But I guess this place is not a family dining spot anyway. Still, with Dyson, could have installed a folding changing table too.

We had a full dinner for three - all for around 100 dollars. This is a pretty decent total considering some other places I have been around the city.

Overall this place is definitely worth visiting. I do recommend it.

1  Thank quicksilver81