“A Consistent Favorite”

Ranked #140 of 1,525 Restaurants in Quebec City
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Quebec City
Description: Thanks to this winning formula since opening in 1973, his establishment remains a figurehead in the industry and continues to be one of the most sought after restaurants in the greater Quebec region. We're situated on the corner of De Buade and Des Jardins in the heart of Old Quebec, across from City Hall and the Notre Dame Basilica of Quebec, a five minute walk from the Château Frontenac. The D'Orsay helps you discover Quebec style hospitality at its best in the very heart of this world renowned patrimonial landmark.
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We have visited Pub D'Orsay on many occasions over the years and have consistently enjoyed the food and the atmosphere. It is always our first stop in Quebec City when we visit. Oh, and the D'Orsay beer....it is excellent!

Reviewed March 5, 2013

We went the night of the winter carnival parade. Even tough it was very busy, the service was impeccable. The atmosphere is warm and very comfortable. Their sea food plates are to die for. The restaurant is well situated, right next to the city hall and a couple of meters away from the Frontenac castle. The only problem came from the city of Quebec, where you can park downtown for 2 hrs max, needless to say you have to rush to eat and go.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

The menu was great, i had the veal scallopini with linguini alfredo on the side. Very delicious! the price was reasonable. Nice warm atomosphere. The only thing was we did not see the server much and we wanted more drinks and coffee refills so we didn't tip as much as we could have, he called us cheap! hilarious!

Reviewed February 17, 2013

we got into Quebec about 9pm, kids had gorged themselves on snacks, so we let them wander around and we stopped in here. Yeah, right in the middle of the tourist area....Hockey on TV, couple of loud people who sounded like Al Franken holding court.....but it was clean, quick, very nice waiter....very good small - maybe 24 beers, half on draft - beer selection, at least a dozen Canadian beers several of which were terrific - Boreale, Chambly - good fries, I had a goat cheese, roasted vegetable and walnut bread sandwhich. Now, I'm a burger guy... but this was good. We really enjoyed it; good value, would go again...

Reviewed February 10, 2013

This is a place my granddaughter loves for lunch, so my wife and went here for dinner. I would not call what was being served pub food, but rather fine dinning. I had filet and my wife had squab. Both meals were not just good, but perfect. I don't often eat beef because few places can get it right. They did.
I also had Cream of Chicken soup and my wife had French onion. Again, both were perfect.
I had espresso cheesecake for desert, it was wonderful.
I would suggest asking for a window seat, both winter and summer.