“French Toast!”

Ranked #10 of 1,442 Restaurants in Quebec City
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Nestled amid the stone walls of a riverside warehouse dating back to the 19th century, Panache's dining room offers exceptional intimacy and stunning views of the bustling river. On the menu: Chef Louis Pacquelin's cuisine. A cuisine that is revisiting classic dishes with a pioneering approach and a genuine love for local produce, both simple and sophisticated, which vary with the seasons and arrivals. Our produce is sourced primarily from our organic garden on Île d'Orléans and small local producers.
Vienna, Virginia
“French Toast!”
Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

Always a little Leary of breakfast at the hotel restaurant, Panache was a treat. Simply put, best French toast ever! The other items on the limited menu were good as well and if you can get past the hostess' snippy attitude, you will find friendly breakfast service, plentiful good coffee and of course the French toast- don't miss it.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Spiegs1968

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Best Meal Ever!”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Oh man, where to begin!

My husband and I were honeymooning in Quebec City and stayed at Auberge Saint-Antoine (fabulous hotel) and made dinner reservations for Panache. First off, it was a beautiful night and snowing pretty heavily which made for gorgeous views of the snow and St. Lawrence River.

The staff is impeccable and the ambiance is to die for. Exposed wood, cozy fireplace, beautiful stone walls and luxurious table settings.

Our meal was by far the best I have had. The amuse bouche was an oyster with a cucumber - dill sauce. While I am not a huge oyster eater, it was fantastic. The beef with mashed potatoes and "14 cheeses" was outstanding. The sauce, the shallots, the cut of beef -- seriously divine.

My husband and I both got the chocolate melting cake for dessert. BEST dessert I have ever had. Hands down. The flavor of the chocolate was unlike any I have ever tasted before. Beyond incredible!

HIGHLY recommend visiting this restaurant if you're in Quebec City. They truly deserve the #1 spot!

Visited December 2013
2 Thank Ally E
Union, New Jersey
“Best French Toast I Ever Had!”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

You first walk into this cozy atmosphere with great ambiance. Choice of OJ or Grapefruit juice and coffee or tea, and a shot of a fruit smoothie, all free of charge :) We ordered the French Toast & Crepes. The French Toast was the best I ever had. Absolutely delicious. The crepes were good but the french toast was over the top. The restaurant also served their homemade jam on the side... the raspberry jam was so good that I bought a jar to bring back to the states with me. The french toast was also served with a side of yogurt which was so creamy and smooth. Yes the prices are high but I thought it was worth it. It was my birthday so they also brought out a complimentary dish of chocolate sweets, which were also so delectable.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank MNowak1215
“Delicious, great ambiance”
Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

Then food was amazing. We were sat next to in room next to fireplace, which helped cause it was cold in late October. Our waiter was friendly and kind enough to answer all of my questions. It is built in what looks like a refurbished barn. Rustic building, but modern fireplace. There is a top floor to fit more patrons, but it's open due to barn layout. High roof, wooden beams. Lovely. Expensive, but lovely.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Lazara L
Denver, Colorado
“Great Ambiance, Good Service, but Food was average/expensive”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Overall, Panache was a nice experience with beautiful ambiance. The food was good, but not for the prices.

Summary:

Ambiance - 5. Set within a beautiful old stone structure (common to Old Quebec), the decor and architecture is combined with an eclectic modern mix. This is simiar to its parent hotel - The St. Antoine - Auberge - five star for sure.

Service - 4.5 Solid service with responsive and knowledgable wait staff. My glass was never empty.

Food - 3.5 I had a surf turf duck/lobster meal that was good but the char was unimpressive and overcooked. The Foie Gras appetizer was excellent however, the calamari salad was a bit tough for my taste. Wine choice was good.

Value - 2.5. The portions were small and the overall cost was pretty high. A special occasion restaurant for sure

• Visited November 2013