“Delicious riz de veau!”

Ranked #14 of 1,476 Restaurants in Quebec City
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: CHEZ MUFFY is our French-Canadian, farmhouse-inspired restaurant where culinary skill, a clever, considered wine program, warm service and conversations meld together. Our local farmers, fishermen and producers are as integral to the food we make as they are to our place in this community. Set within in an historic maritime warehouse dating back to 1822 with natural stone walls and wooden beams, the dining room offers a warm atmosphere along with stunning views of the St. Lawrence River.
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We ate at this hotel restaurant with our friends during our stay at the Auberge. The snow crab and the lobster were very good but one of our party took the riz de veau and said they were deliciois, especially as this is a difficult dish to master well!
The decor is spectacular in the restaurant and the service impeccable! A good experience!

There are newer reviews for Chez Muffy

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Once you get past the ambiance, it's all downhill except for the bill. Have eaten at many 5 star restaurants, this one couldn't hold a candle to them. Cocktail was very shallow as if there was rationing, the rocks were filled to the top. Probably had less than 2 oz. Appetizer, was 2 tiny cauliflower florets $18.00. The menu is very limited to 4 or 5 items. The steak from Scotland was highly recommended and the chef suggested medium rare. We were told the steak was different from what is served in the USA That was an understatement as a chain saw was needed to cut our steak, the steak knifes offered were inferior. My wife could only eat one piece. If the quality of the food was as good as the restaurant was beautiful, it would have been a different experience. We left there hungry and disappointed.

2  Thank Dalton'sPopPop
Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

Other than a simply lovely ambiance and attentive service, I cannot recommend. I am familiar with this style of creative food restaurants and accept and enjoy them for what they are, but not this one. The menu is very limited; there were no first courses that sounded appealing so we only had main course. I had the lobster--so over cooked I had to ask for a steak knife. Accompanied by seaweed (and I like seaweed) that tasted rank. Husband had artic char. Unremarkable, small servings and pricey. We left hungry!

AubergeSaint-Antoine, Public Relations Manager at Chez Muffy, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2013

Dear hnlbosnycgirl,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comment. We are happy that you liked our ambiance and service and feel very sorry that you did not enjoy the lobster and the artic char. Please note that we take your comments very seriously and will investigate this matter further. We want to provide an extraoridnary experience to all our guests and we want to appoligize if this was not your case.

We still hope to have the opportunity to see you again in the futur.

Sincelery,

Ingrid Lemm

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Simply put - one of the best meals of my life. Small restaurant connected with botique hotel. Everything about the experience was really perfect. The location, decor, service, food. The wait staff took the time to answer questions we had about the menu. They also selected wines for me that went well with each course. If you want a great dining experience and won't worry about how much it costs, then go here. Don't get me wrong, the prices are not outrageous, but you do pay for the high level of service and quality you get. For me, it was well worth it. This is not one of those overpriced tourist places where you feel that you paid too much for what you got.

Dear David C,

Thank you for the great comments that you took the time to write about our restaurant Panache. We are happy to share them with the team that takes pride in it's work.

We hope that we have to pleasure to see you again in our restaurant.

Kind regards,

Ingrid

Reviewed May 27, 2013

This restaurant is one of the best in Quebec City. I had lunch a few weeks ago with a friend. The restaurant is in an old building with beautiful stone walls. The service was great very attentive We both started with "crevettes de Matane"tiny fresh shrimps from our province served on fennel salad excellent. My friend had salmon while I had very nice chicken breast very tender with a delicate sauce. Dessert is included which I did not eat. I would definitely go back and I can't understand some people saying the food there is not good.