“Highlight of our trip to Quebec City”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Le Saint-Amour

Le Saint-Amour
Ranked #14 of 1,432 Restaurants in Quebec City
Cuisines: French, Canadian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: St-Louis
Description: Comme un repas se doit d'etre une experience inoubliable a tous les points de vue, les deux proprietaires du Saint-Amour M. Jacques Fortier et le Chef Jean-Luc Boulay ont deploye depuis 1978 leurs energies afin de reunir une equipe passionnee et attentionnee, de la cuisine a la salle a manger. Le Saint Amour se veut figure de proue dans le rayonnement de la gastronomie quebecoise. Alliant tradition et innovation, Jean-Luc Boulay et son chef Patrick Dubé misent sur les plus récentes techniques pour rendre hommage aux fins produits de notre Terroir. Au fil des ans, notre table est devenue un endroit raffine et chaleureux ou le qualificatif de distinctive ne s'arrete pas a la cuisine, mais s'etend jusqu'a l'ambiance et au confort des lieux.
Victoria, BC Canada
“Highlight of our trip to Quebec City”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

The food here was magnificent. Well presented and very and tasty. The chef at this restaurant is famous for his TV show. We had not heard about this place until a fellow guest at a B and B near Montreal mentioned it to us. Food is not inexpensive but we went for the lunch meal and even though pricey i was worth every penny. A must visit when in Quebec City.

• Visited September 2013

• Polish first
virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food.... Waiter not attentive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

Let me say this review is based on my having eaten in incredible restaurants throughout Europe and US. The winter garden room was romantic and beautiful. The food was good but the waiter was not attentive as he was busy with a large party. I was not asked if I wanted coffee or tea or if I wanted the cheese or desert course. I took the initiative and told the waiter. The waiter brought my partner's cheese course and brought it in the center of the table in order for us to share. He had forgotten mine. I had asked the waiter to check on a course as it had been over 30 mins. He said it was coming and they were preparing it. I told him it was soup. One entre was served not piping hot but the all the accompaniment of the plate was piping hot. I had no issue spending close to $400 dollars( includes wine and tip) but not with mediocre service.

• Visited September 2013
CT
“Great food, great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

We had the tasting menu here and paid extra for the seared fois grais. Oh my - worth every penny. The food was excellent and the service sublime. A must do - make sure you sit in the garden room.

• Visited August 2013
Ottawa, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food, excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Best French meal I ever had so far. The food was delicious and well displayed. Servers were courteous and very informative. The restaurant has warm atmosphere. I would say it is one of the best french restaurants out there in Quebec city. Would recommend for anyone who wants to try French cuisine in this city.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank OatS2015
Amherstburg, Canada
“Paul McCartney's Personal Chef”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and I travelled with another couple to Quebec City for the July 23, 2013 Paul McCartney concert.
We read in the local paper that Chef Boulay (co-owner of the restaurant) is Paul's personal chef every time that he visits or performs there.
We felt that "if it is good enough for Paul McCartney, it's good enough for us!" so we dined there on our first evening (July 22nd).
We were not disappointed and Chef Boulay even took the time from his kitchen to visit our table, say hello and welcome us to his incredible Le Saint-Amour and Quebec City!
It was a fantastic experience and we have made a personal vow to dine there again on already planned future visits!

• Visited July 2013