“Papa-Georges”

Pape-Georges
Ranked #72 of 1,433 Restaurants in Quebec City
Cuisines: French, Bar, Pub, Wine Bar, Canadian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Downtown Quebec City
dover plains
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Papa-Georges”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

I have been frequenting this bistro since 1983 usually one or twice a year , I have known the previous owners and Phillipe who ownes it now, he is one of the most fun and generous people I have met , actually in Quebec City all the people are wonderful . The staff have always been top notch especially Karine & Nancy, I always have a wonderful time here and the music on the weekend is 2nd to none , plus no cover charge , my advice to the people who do not rate this bistro is to drop the ugly american attitude and lay back and go with the Quebecois flow.
My regards to Karine , Nancy & Phillipe hope to see you soon Ray from New York Sate.
P.S. Phillipe sorry mate but I preferred the old floor .......Cheers Ray.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank ray h

Massachusetts
“Drinks Only”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here a couple of times for drinks based on trip reviews. The wine and beer was fine as was the service. Basically came here for before dinner drinks and to people watch. The service was ok but I found it not that attractive to be sitting beside trash barrels to our left of the restaurant. Also after seeing the Rue Petit Champlain I would much rather sit there for drinks and street musicians. Also way more action for people watching.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Rockport4
Ottawa, ON, CAN
“The only thing that saves this place is location”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

What HORRID service. NEVER in my life have I seen such TERRIBLE service and treatment of tourists. Ignorant server obviously fails to understand the point of customer service.

Visited September 2013
Concord, New Hampshire
“Cheese, Biere!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

Wandering the lower town around dinner time, we stopped here because of the ambiance we saw. When we got the menu, the very nice waitress showed us a cheese plate, which is very out of character for the wife and I. So we gave it a try, and between cheese, pate, meat slices and bread, we found it was just right to satisfy our hunger. We look forward to returning on our next visit!

• Visited August 2013
Acushnet, Massachusetts
“Nice spot for wine and cheese”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Not a full service restaurant but a great spot if you are looking for some wine, bread and cheese. We made dinner of wine, bread and cheese there. Waitress was pretty attentive but took a cigarette break in full view of the outside dining area which I thought was a bit unprofessional.

Visited July 2013