“true old quebec dining”
Review of Le Lapin Saute

Le Lapin Saute
Ranked #22 of 1,511 Restaurants in Quebec City
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Description: The magic of the Petit-Champlain district adds to the charm of the Lapin Sauté. By day, this pedestrian street comes alive with the sounds of chatter. By night, the lighting makes shadows dance on the walls of the street's historic houses. Dining at the Lapin Sauté is akin to walking into a warm, quaint and cozy inns from the early 20th century. There is nothing better than sitting in the comfort of this small, friendly 32-seat restaurant where you're always welcomed with open arms. During the summer, the Lapin expands to 52 seats with its outdoor terrace and patrons flock here under the warm sun. In the winter, a fire warms your heart and soul as you discover local country products made and served like nowhere else.
Reviewed December 9, 2013

our son in law made dinner resevations for the four of us at this restaurant,what a great place.it is old world charm at its best,get there early because seating is very limited.the french onion soup was my choice to start with,then i choose the beef short rib in red wine sauce, the meat feel off of the bone.the wait staff is wounderful.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,642)

Reviewed December 7, 2013

Lovely, quaint restaurant with great food and service. We had the charcuterie plate to start and it was delicious. It had rabbit as well as other meats. For main course, we chose the pappardelle with wild mushrooms which was also very good. Highly recommend it!

Reviewed December 7, 2013

I decided to have lunch at this particular restaurant after reading the reviews here on TripAdvisor, and I must say that they are very accurate. Le Lapin Sauté itself is very cozy and gives the impression of being in a small French bistro in Paris. Also, the staff were very friendly which made this dining experience memorable.
For starters I decided to try the soup of the day; which was a delicious and hearty pork soup. For the main course, my partner and I decided to try the Tout Lapin Tout Canard ( Rabbit and Duck meal sampler for two), it was quite delicious and it was presented in a simple yet elegant way, which again, it reminded me of being in Paris.
For dessert, I decided that I wanted the crème brûlée and a chocolate truffle and I must say that they were both divine.
All in all, the lunch experience at this place was quite an amazing one and I will definitely return to this wonderful restaurant.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Rabbit dishes were delicious -- the location and building were very cozy and unique. We will visit again for dinner as we had lunch there and couldn't try as much as we'd have liked. Recommended to anyone who enjoys French food.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

Lapin Sauté is centrally located on Rue du Petit Champlain close to the funicular. Starting with an excellent bowl of onion soup with local cheese we shared the charcuteries platter. This is the perfect way to taste such delicacies as rabbit rillettes & duck foie gras. Being lunch time on a cold & windy late October weekday the cozy front room of the restaurant quickly filled with locals and tourists (there is more seating at the back). Despite the ample servings we found room to share the famous apple sugar pie. Service was welcoming and attentive; prices comparative to similar quality restaurants in Quebec City. For a true Québécois culinary experience be sure to visit Lapin Sauté.