“Nice little restaurant and good food”
Review of Le Lapin Saute

Le Lapin Saute
Ranked #22 of 1,476 Restaurants in Quebec City
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Description: The magic of the Petit-Champlain district adds to the charm of the Lapin Sauté. By day, this pedestrian street comes alive with the sounds of chatter. By night, the lighting makes shadows dance on the walls of the street's historic houses. Dining at the Lapin Sauté is akin to walking into a warm, quaint and cozy inns from the early 20th century. There is nothing better than sitting in the comfort of this small, friendly 32-seat restaurant where you're always welcomed with open arms. During the summer, the Lapin expands to 52 seats with its outdoor terrace and patrons flock here under the warm sun. In the winter, a fire warms your heart and soul as you discover local country products made and served like nowhere else.
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We were referred to this restaurant by our concierge and were not disappointed. My wife had the rabbit pie and I had the two mustard rabbit with appropriate wines. We also shared a maple leaf brûlée. All of the food was very good as was the service. A good atmosphere and night.

There are newer reviews for Le Lapin Saute

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We ate here our last night in Qeubec and it appears we saved the best for last. Everything about the experience was first class, from the whimsical decor (including the "rabbit crossing" sign outside) to the attentive service and, of course, the fine food. I had planned on the rabbit cassoulet but they were out, so I opted for the rabbit pie instead and was not disappointed: flaky crust with a firm, tasty filling with a nice variety of flavors. It came with a nice crisp green salad with just the right amount of dressing. My wife had the rabbit with two mustard sauce and pronounced it excellent. We had a fine bottle of Canadian red (a Les Pervenches Solinou, which was new to me) and finished it all off with maple syrup creme brule (for her) and a Quebec cheddar plate (for me). It was a mild September night, so we opted for an outside table—a good choice as it was a bit more noisy in the restaurant and a street musician began playing towards the end of our dinner. It reminded us of our last trip to Paris. As others have noted, the restaurant is located in the middle of a street (Petit-Champain) that is normally something of a tourist trap for people disembarking from cruise ships in the harbor just a block away. On a Sunday night, though, it was pure romance.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

One of the most enjoyable meals my wife and I have had in some time. The property is very well decorated and the sound level is low so conversation is enjoyable. The wait staff, especially our server, Lucie, made the whole evening an easy pleasure. We started with the beet and goat cheese salad and turnip soup that was rich and warming. We then had the fois grois with brioche and apple sauce that was very french. We shared the rabbit with two mustards that was very well done. We asked our server, Lucie, for advice on the cheese plate which was all local cheeses and the choices were a perfect symphony of tastes and textures. The wine list was extensive and not what I am used to in California so I depended on Lucie for advice and her suggestions were spot on. We finished with expresso that was very well done. Our visit to Quebec City will always be shaped by our experience at this restaurant. Bravo!

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Last year my wife and I ate at this cosy little place. We were able to eat outside both this year and last year. Our meals were outstanding. The best meal we had on our trip. A little music being played by street musician. Another great night in Quebec City

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Quebec city is full of cruise-ship tourists, and no offense, but such a crowd is not known for its gourmandise, hence vieux Quebec caters to a less demanding crowd of guests who show up once and never come back, not forcing restaurants to sustain a high quality. The Lapin Saute is in such location but serves a great sustainable quality when it comes to Lapin dishes,

Avoid the "table d'hôte" mixer as it mixes too many tastes in one plate, with the result that you don't distinguish any. The Rosemary lapin or the Lapin au cassoulet are the dishes you need to select. Their wine-list is good and reasonable. Prices are reasonable.

Good there if you like rabbit!

1  Thank Austinprogress