“C'est bon la vie”
Review of Le Lapin Saute

Le Lapin Saute
Ranked #22 of 1,437 Restaurants in Quebec City
Cuisines: French, European, Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“C'est bon la vie”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

This motto on the wall next to our table said it all. This cozy little restaurant was perfect on this wintery night. The specialty of the house as its name implies is rabbit. I had the casserole and it was delicious. The waitresses were very friendly and helpful and you didn't feel like a tourist. Yes life is good!

Visited December 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
“Best meal of our stay in Quebec...”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

My wife and I loved Lapin Saute. We went midweek so there weren't a lot of tourists out in the city (and it was COLD). When we arrived we were offered a table near a fireplace and they lit it for us as we were seated. We loved that!

I had the rabbit duet (amazing!) and my wife had the Croque-Monsieur (very good, though a "safe" choice). Our waiter was very helpful in recommending local beers and dessert. If/when we return to Quebec City we will surely be returning to Lapin Saute.

• Visited January 2013
Herndon, Virginia
“Couldn't find a more cosy and delightful restaurant”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

During our January weekend in Québec, we sought out some great restaurants. This one proved to be the most delightful. The temperature was -15F, so the slow-cooked old-fashioned food was particularly well-suited to the setting. The restaurant is small and cosy, and they don't take reservations -- get there early. The food was wonderful, and as one might imagine, features rabbit cooked in many ways. We enjoyed the "rilletes," a course-style country paté that was magnificent with the Vandal-Criche white wine from Québec. We shared the rabbit in two mustards, baked traditionally in mustard and with delectable reduction sauce and french fries. Wonderful value and food that makes you sorry when the plate is empty. We definitely recommend the place. While we spoke French there, the staff is equally accommodating in English.

• Visited January 2013
New York City, New York
“Did not honor my reservation”
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

You might have good food, atmosphere, what have you. But I would not know. Why? Well, I read the reviews below, I knew place was small so I called a week ahead, made a reservation, made them tell me back date and time and spell my name. When we showed up at the restaurant my reservation was nowhere to be found! You think it won't happen to you? Maybe. But that's what I thought too and then I ended up parading around cold Quebec City looking for another restaurant. Thanks for nothing, Lapin

5 Thank entineli
KarineGRP, Guest Relations Manager at Le Lapin Saute, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear entineli,

We remember this unfortunate incident. We understand that you were very disappointed. Sometimes, even with good intentions, an error can happen. We will be more vigilant about reservations in the future. Please accept our most sincere apologies and we hope to welcome you during your next visit.

Karine B.Poulin
For «Lapin Sauté»
Groupe Restos Plaisirs
Toronto, Canada
“Rustic Country Charm”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Hearty French fare served in country cottage atmosphere.

I visited this restaurant in May 2012 and came back again in October of the same year because I thoroughly enjoyed the food.

First visit I had the Gravlax which was nicely seasoned where the salt, sugar and herbs were well balanced. This was followed by the rabbit cassoulet. The rabbit was slowly simmered to perfection along with beans and sausage - a truly old fashioned dish.

Second visit, I started with a rich tasting appetizer of rabbit rilettes. Following was the rabbit with honey and rosemary sauce which was tasty and "fall off the bone". Rather than have dessert, I tasted some nice local Quebec cheese after dinner. Both visits, I had Cuvee William, a full bodied Quebec red wine that pairs nicely with such dishes.

I recommended this place to fellow hotel guests and I would most happily return next time I'm in town.

• Visited October 2012