“Rustic Country Charm”
Review of Le Lapin Saute

Le Lapin Saute
Ranked #22 of 1,506 Restaurants in Quebec City
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Description: The magic of the Petit-Champlain district adds to the charm of the Lapin Sauté. By day, this pedestrian street comes alive with the sounds of chatter. By night, the lighting makes shadows dance on the walls of the street's historic houses. Dining at the Lapin Sauté is akin to walking into a warm, quaint and cozy inns from the early 20th century. There is nothing better than sitting in the comfort of this small, friendly 32-seat restaurant where you're always welcomed with open arms. During the summer, the Lapin expands to 52 seats with its outdoor terrace and patrons flock here under the warm sun. In the winter, a fire warms your heart and soul as you discover local country products made and served like nowhere else.
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Hearty French fare served in country cottage atmosphere.

I visited this restaurant in May 2012 and came back again in October of the same year because I thoroughly enjoyed the food.

First visit I had the Gravlax which was nicely seasoned where the salt, sugar and herbs were well balanced. This was followed by the rabbit cassoulet. The rabbit was slowly simmered to perfection along with beans and sausage - a truly old fashioned dish.

Second visit, I started with a rich tasting appetizer of rabbit rilettes. Following was the rabbit with honey and rosemary sauce which was tasty and "fall off the bone". Rather than have dessert, I tasted some nice local Quebec cheese after dinner. Both visits, I had Cuvee William, a full bodied Quebec red wine that pairs nicely with such dishes.

I recommended this place to fellow hotel guests and I would most happily return next time I'm in town.

1  Thank Keith S
Write a ReviewReviews (2,603)

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I visited that restaurant on a sunday night and it was very well appreciated, especially because the weather outside on that day was terribly cold and the restaurant was very cozy, with a fireplace and the staff was very warm and welcoming. The atmosphere was very familial since the place is very small and all tables close to each others. The server was very nice and was helping a lot for the selection of the dishes and drinks. The menu comprises mainly dishes made of rabbit. We took the duck with mustard and the duck lasagna with camembert (the latest was a pleasant surprise). It was delicious and we will definitely come back.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Quaint and cozy, different menu items. All food was well prepared and the embiance was great. We have also sat out on their patio during the summer months.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

What a nice choice this place was to eat. We shared the rabbit and duck platter for two, very delicious. The restaurant is very charming inside and great location. The only down side might be the size, it was a full house, and it gets very cramped. Book ahead, you'll enjoy it.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

The restaurant itself is very cozy. The food is amazing. We had the rabbit and duck platter for two and it was to die for (this coming from someone who normally isn't crazy about duck or rabbit). The service was very friendly. I am bilingual but the wait staff was happy to speak English with my mom. Good value for money.
I came with my mom but it would be a great spot for a romantic meal for a couple as well, or a very small group of friends.

1  Thank SvdJ