“An Experience!”
Review of Le Continental

Le Continental
Reserve with OpenTable
Le Continental is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 1,504 Restaurants in Quebec City
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown Quebec City
Cross street: Des Jardins
Description: Total EnjoymentIn the gourmet world of Le Continental, traditional cuisine is classical. Enjoy the perfect service, the great flambéed dishes that pay tribute to the delicious French cuisine. The Continental's wine cellar is most impressive with its board of famous selection of French, Italian and American wines. It offers a choice of more than five thousand bottles, four hundred different varieties from Grands Crus classés to affordable prices.
Reviewed May 22, 2014

My aunt and I walked into the Continental and were immediately greeted by many friendly servers, all of which were men and all of whom were dressed in white tuxedos. During our meal we had a couple of different servers, but each of them were very aware of our orders which made for a very seamless transition. I started with escargot, which was very delicious, and we both had caesar salads prepared for us, tableside. My filet mignon was also prepared tableside. Of course, the dessert was incredible, as well as the acompaning wine for each course. We indulged for hours and it was one of the best restaurant experiences I've had (if not the best). Definitely a must-do while in Quebec!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,251)

Reviewed May 12, 2014

Our dining experience at Le Continental was wonderful. The service was excellent, with personal attention given by the staff. The food was exceptional, everything we wanted and expected in a fine French resturant. This resturant will be a first choice for us when visiting Quebec.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

Our friends just asked us if we knew a good restaurant in Quecec, well this one does not disappoint. Its old fashioned french with flambe work at the table. Nice atmosphere, food and service. If in Quebec will certainly visit again as first choice.

1  Thank Jennie B
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Okay, I get it. Eat at a fine French restaurant while on vacation with exemplary service but pay the price. Still, I paid $250 for 2 and I just can't feel great about it. I dined with a friend who lives in Québec and we were so excited to be together and looked forward to our evening ahead. However, this is exactly what we had (meanwhile at the start of April in the off-season): 3 glasses of wine, 2 appetizers: escargot (that I know they don't make there) and snow crab (local and in season out of the shell) and 2 entrées (off the on the specials menu) of a seafood medley (or mélange). They served some bread at the start of the meal with our appetizers. The escargot were as you could buy at a grocery store. The snow crab was delicious and served with an authentic hollandaise. There were maybe 5-6 small pieces to share. The hollandaise was served in a cute phyllo dough cup. Our entrées were good. There were scallops (a few but very fresh and I believe local to Québec on the east coast), some snow crab out of shell, mussels, shrimp (definitely not local or fresh) and at the center a singular langoustine. They were served with a few veg perfectly placed and displayed but not substantial. I just feel that I could have spent $250 (tip included etc..) and gotten a better experience elsewhere. I feel bad about saying that. Yes, this is a well established restaurant right next to the famous Chateau. We had a great time, I just think I maybe expected more based on what I had read on Trip Advisor. If you don 't mind spending a big amount of money on a dinner for an experience of some sort, this is your place.

1  Thank 333meg
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Le Continental delivered an exceptional dining experience through its superior service and unique steak preparation. The attentive service was almost like a throwback to previous days where there was a greater emphasis on guest service and meal presentation. The table-side preparation of our filet mignons was unique. The flambé was begun, the steaks were seasoned and then grilled according to our desire. The gravy sauce was a perfect compliment to the steaks. The onion soup and desserts were also excellent. Overall, a classy and memorable dining experience.