“flambe heaven” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Continental

Le Continental
Reserve with OpenTable
Le Continental is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 1,427 Restaurants in Quebec City
Cuisines: French, Canadian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown Quebec City
Cross street: Des Jardins
Description: Total EnjoymentIn the gourmet world of Le Continental, traditional cuisine is classical. Enjoy the perfect service, the great flambéed dishes that pay tribute to the delicious French cuisine. The Continental's wine cellar is most impressive with its board of famous selection of French, Italian and American wines. It offers a choice of more than five thousand bottles, four hundred different varieties from Grands Crus classés to affordable prices.
osprey
“flambe heaven”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

fun experience, but very expensive.
flambe filet mignon for two
flambe cherries jubilee for two
caesar salad for two
2 glasses wine
bill around $250

Visited August 2013

• Korean first
ny
“Exquisite table side service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

We visited this on the recommendation of our hotel and it was fabulous. Very elegant decor and exquisite service. The food was delicious and expertly prepared table side ( for some dishes). Our server, a young man of 22 named Kevin, was a very engaging and expert server. We would definitely recommend this if you are in Quebec and looking for an elegant upscale evening out.

Toronto, Canada
“Excellent Dining Experience.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

This is the best dining experience I have ever experienced.

My wife and I recently visited Quebec City and after reading some great reviews about Le Continental, decided to have dinner there and we're glad that we did. We've eaten at some of the great well known restaurants in Toronto and Montreal, but in my opinion, this was far greater.

The staff were top notch. From the time we walked in the doors and were greeted to the time we left and had waitstaff, not from our own table wish us a great evening.

Our server, Angelo, was absolutely fantastic. He explained everything we need to know about the menu and was great throughout.

To start the night, we ordered Escargot and Oysters. I've never tried escargot before and was actually creeped out a bit by the thought of eating snails. Bt to my surprise, they were really good. Drenched in garlic butter, it was a good way to start. The oysters, while very tasty with a really tasty mignonette sauce, but they weren't shucked very well and my wife an I both had some shell to contend with. But overall, they were very meaty and tasted great.

Up next we ordered the Filet mignon Continental en boîte Grand Spécial and Sweetbreads. Both were sensational. During the preparation, Angelo would explain to us what he was doing regarding the cooking of the steak and what exactly he was putting in with it. My wife and I both like to cook, so this was really good for us.

The sweetbreads were great. They had a really nice crust and flavour. We had tried sweetbreads at another restaurant a few days before at another restaurant known for their sweetbreads, but the ones we had at Le Continental were just a little bit better.

For dessert, we ordered the Creme Brulee. I love a good desert and this was definitely one of them.

Overall, I loved dining here. It's a little pricey, but you definitely get what you pay for. We're definitely going to come back when we're back in Quebec in 6 months time.

Highly recommended!

Boston, Massachusetts, United States
“perfect steak / shrimp dish”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

The steak was perfectly cooked. and the shrimp was also perfectly cooked - cooked so that it "pops" when you chew.
They cook the dishes at the table - very entertaining. It not just entertaining but I would say it was one of the best steak I have eaten recently.
It is not like the american steak house, but in a more french style - no crispy, slightly burned surface. But very juicy and great till the last piece of steak. The sauce was so good.
the desserts were also interesting - also cooked at the table.
great experience overall. Probably will be back next time if we visit Quebec old city.

• Visited August 2013
New York
“Old style and expensive”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

The restaurant is very old style from decor, to menu selection, and even the servers. For family with kids, this may not be a good choice. They do not have any kid menu selection. It is expensive. $70 per person for just soup and entree, no drink and desert. Their specialty is in flambeed table-side. I order the steak which was cooked perfectly. Otherwise, the dishes were mediocre. It took a long time to have dishes on the table. I guess that is because no one was in a rush in old days. :)

• 2 of 5 bubbles