“A classic”
Review of Le Continental

Le Continental
Reserve with OpenTable
Le Continental is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 1,520 Restaurants in Quebec City
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown Quebec City
Cross street: Des Jardins
Description: Total EnjoymentIn the gourmet world of Le Continental, traditional cuisine is classical. Enjoy the perfect service, the great flambéed dishes that pay tribute to the delicious French cuisine. The Continental's wine cellar is most impressive with its board of famous selection of French, Italian and American wines. It offers a choice of more than five thousand bottles, four hundred different varieties from Grands Crus classés to affordable prices.
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

This is not a typical bistro. It's a dress-up, old-school, classical restaurant with white coated waiters, who do a lot of table side prep: Caesar salad for two, flambé, deboning fish, etc. Menu is traditional: duck à l'orange, filet mignon, lobster, rack of lamb, foie gras, etc. A few very nice specials did highlight the region, such as caribou and goose, as well as fine local raw milk cheeses.

Went last night with friends - we all live in the city and we were a noisy, English-speaking table. We were treated warmly by the staff as they shared jokes and tales with us - no snobbery. All of our meals were superbly cooked. The creme brûlée was the best I have tasted. To be honest, I did not care for my foie gras poelé, though it was perfectly served with toasted brioche and fig confit, and I thought that my steak somehow lacked something... But I will return in a heartbeat and try something else. Cost is varied: my foie gras entree was 33$ and my beef steak meal was over 50$, so the is pricey!! But, the table d'hôte was 4 services and very affordable at 52$, so it does not have to be crazy-expensive.

The building itself is traditional old elegance and filled with history.

Valet parking.

1  Thank Spzjlb
Write a ReviewReviews (1,269)

Reviewed April 28, 2013

My husband & I dined at Le Continental during our visit to Quebec city, and were delighted with our wonderful choice, given it was excellent! From the excellent food (I had the salmon, which was one of the best I ever had) to the great service by our waiter Pierre, everything was simply perfect! Thank you to the entire staff at Le Continental who work hard to provide excellent food & service to their clientele...we shall definitely be back again when we visit Quebec city.
Merci beaucoup :o)

1  Thank Monique T
Reviewed April 24, 2013

After carefully reading Trip Advisor reviews and having a peak at this restaurant beforehand, we chose it for our final evening in Quebec.

From the moment we arrived until the moment we left, we were truly taken back in time to an era when dining was not just food and atmosphere, but the entire experience. Wait-staff in white jackets; fine linen tablecloths; relaxing music; beautiful ambiance.

Our wait-staff Alberto was so thoughtful, skilled and charming. My wife 'fell' for him (almost literally! She leaned over in her chair and almost took a tumble...Alberto was there to rescue her so we had a good laugh about her 'falling' for Alberto!).

Alberto prepared the filet mignon in the 'pot' at table, and it was a culinary masterpiece. The aromas created by the butter, herbs and beef were so appetizing. The flavour was unbelievable! My wife had the snow crab in tulip. Alberto explained to us that the crab is flown in from northern Quebec and is caught by one fishing company that is the exclusive supplier for Le Continental. It was already cracked and ready to eat...scrumptious.

I could go on, but let me just say that top contributors like myself have rated this restaurant 5-star, and there is a reason for that. Trust TOP contributors and treat yourself to this once-in-a-lifetime experience. You'll be glad you did!

If you found this review helpful, please vote on the link below.

Bon appetit!

1  Thank VACanuck
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Excellent meal and service. My spouse had the salmon which she said ws the best she ever had. The veal was very tasty. The ceasar salad was made in front of us, and correctly spiced. Desserts were good, the maple syrup pie wsa good, but the pastry was a bit soft. Still very good, but i have had much better.

2  Thank StobKent1
Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

i remember going here in high school and college on a trip. it was like it never changed. LOVED the fog legs...it taste like chicken.....LOL ask for a table near the back...more private. service was great.

Jerry Ehrlich from the Great City of Philadelphia