“Excellent, why the bad reviews?”
Review of Le Cavour - CLOSED

Le Cavour
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Quebec City
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We went there and my wife and I had a great meal for $85. Great salad, good service, Beefeaters on the rocks only $6. Good French cooking. Guys across got the lobster and it was big and looked great. I had the seafood platter (lots of variet, ample serving) and my wife had the chicken. We are going back tonight. Maybe these guys had a "come to Jesus" meeting but they certainly have their act together now!

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Just had dinner at this restaurant. We were attracted by the price of the buffet, that is not high. The problem is that the quality is also low. I had not a very high bar, but the best thing was the salad bar!

Waiters ok until they followed me on my way out reminding me I should leave them a tip ... They should figure out why customers do not leave it.

The location is actually very nice ... Maybe good for a drink.

2  Thank Luca294013
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We also made the mistake of ordering the lobster special, which was distinguished by being especially disgusting. The chicken parmigiano had all the flavor pounded out of it. Dinner for four cost $150 which included a half-carafe of sad white wine. I'm sure Quebec City has some marvelous restaurants but this is definitely not one of them. One star for the woman who kept our water glasses filled, but she would have done us a bigger favor if she'd pelted us with the tasteless bread rolls when we walked in.

1  Thank Peter P
Reviewed July 14, 2013

They advertised their " Lobster Special "...at $ 29.95 for a 1-1/4 lb lobster ( 600 gr) -
what we got was a 3/4 lb lobster and it was not even fresh...
My wife ordered the salmon plate, she got 2 salmon tidbits, just enough to feed a cat...
This restaurant just want your money and you won't get much in return as far as quantity,
quality and on top of that the waiters will expedite you - they just don't care.
We were very disappointed with that restaurant, and will not recommend it to nobody.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Our waiter was impatient and rude. Food was not bad, but nothing special. I had roast duck and it was pretty dry. For the quality of the food, service, and atmosphere, the prices were WAY too high. We were pretty disappointed.