“Good seafood dish”

Ranked #206 of 1,478 Restaurants in Quebec City
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 19, 2013

….. but the fondue had a bit much wine in it. The alcohol taste dominated the cheese and was a bit frustrating. Don't get me wrong I love my glass of wine but if it covers the aroma of the cheese it just becomes to much.
Friendly service and not expensive.

There are newer reviews for La Tyrolienne

Reviewed July 29, 2013

The ambiance is great. It's very authentic, just like a real German restaurant. They even had a roving accordion player to serenade the guests. The food was good too. It seems to be a very popular place for Fondue. However, the onion soup was cold and had to be sent back. I am lactose intolerant and have to watch out for dairy. The waitress made on comments when I asked which dishes would be suitable. To say that the service was incredibly slow would be an understatement. I could have given birth to twins between courses. It was awful. And NO, the place was not full either. Less than half full. Seems to me that the kitchen staff was probably short because the waitress was fully in 4th gear. She seemed tense and off her game. Not friendly. Not sure if it was just a bad day for her or something else going on? The food was OK -- I can cook just as well. I would not need to go back.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

We first went to this restaurant on our honeymoon, 40 years ago. Every time we go back to Quebec we have our first meal there. This place is overlooked because it is in Ste. Foy (15 minutes from downtown). You will have fondues here that you cannot find elsewhere, and for a reasonable price. we chose their prix fixe, which included for two: a choice of 5 appetizers (we had smoked salmon stuffed with crab); a soup (vegetable cream); a Chinese fondue (two platters each of thin beef cooked in a broth) served with either rice. baked potatoe or fries; a good coffee (and we are second cup folks); a choice of 5 desserts (the maple crepe was wonderful). it also include a bottle of wine, which you could upgrade if you paid the difference over $30.00. All of this for 95.00 for two, with excellent service and a roaming musician (accordion) to boot. A trip to Quebec is not complete without a visit to this restaurant.

1  Thank Plushness
Reviewed January 20, 2013

The ambiance is fantastic and so is the service. I went there with my husband and we each ordered a different cheese fondue. Both were so bad that we could not eat them. It was like a mix of cheese and flour. Like a bechamel that turned bad. When the waitress asked us whether it was good, we had to be honest and tell her that we couldn't eat them. She quickly offered us something else to eat, which we kindly declined. We were not charged the fondues, which we really appreciated. Maybe we went there a wrong day, but I have to say that any cheese fondue bought at a supermarket would definitely be a lot better than what we had. We love cheese fondue and we frequently go to one of their competitors in the city center. We were not convinced to change our habits, although the appetizers and the wine were good.

Plus, I was surprised to see that they only had 2 or 3 types of cheese fondue.

Reviewed January 12, 2012

There are few places in Quebec that offer fondue, and this one is by far the best. It really has the Tyrolean atmosphere it promises, usually with live music, and other german-style meal options as well, which are also equally good. Go hungry and take the table d'hote. Chocolate or maple fondue for dessert - mmm! I recommend to make a reservation. Good for couples or groups! (May want to ask for a quiet table if you mind the noise of larger companies - but do not let this deter you!)