“Very enjoyable meal in lower town”

Piazzetta Restaurant
Ranked #1,059 of 1,511 Restaurants in Quebec City
Cuisines: Pizza
Neighborhood: Cite Universitaire
Neighborhood: Cite Universitaire
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I ate lunch here on a hot day, with MILES of walking under my belt. A seat outside in the shade and friendly, attentive service allowed me to settle in and enjoy a delicious lunch. The fully-dressed pizza with thin crust was flavorful. Salad was crisp and fresh. Beer hit the spot, my server kept my water glass full (not easy the way I was drinking it), and the pleasant atmosphere encouraged me to linger for coffee. Loved it.

Reviewed April 14, 2012

Incredible food at a very good price, good pizzas recommend totally the vegetarian deluxe and they have also good coffee

Reviewed November 7, 2011

This was one more fabulous meal in Quebec City! I had a salad of asparagus in prosciutto and a personal sized pizza with salmon and brie and a couple glasses of wine. Mama mia! It was all so good, and the waiter/owner was helpful and friendly, the place was warm and welcoming and intimate. I was by myself and loved every minute. GO!

1  Thank MexItalian
Reviewed October 20, 2011

Things are pricier in Canada nowadays (ah, sweet revenge for all those years of demonizing Canadian quarters!), especially with the flat tax and an exchange rate that slaps the U.S. dollar, but for a reasonable place to eat that also features excellent food, try Piazzetta (I believe there are several locations). Good beer on tap, gourmet pizzas, try-to-be-bilingual staff, and nice ambience made this our favorite returned-to restaurant. And let me repeat the word "gourmet"; their pizzas were perfectly baked and presented. The other comparably priced restaurants we visited (in the $40-$50 range for lunch/dinner with beer or wine) weren't half as good.

Reviewed June 2, 2011

After walking in and out of more than a few tourist traps in quebec, I have had an opportunity to try this restaurant for lunch and dinner and both times they managed to exceed my expectations. The food is flavorful and fresh. We had appetizers and pizza. Starting with the house wine, it was inexpensive and tasted like an it came from a $50 bottle. The salad was perfectly dressed and the tomato basil soup was excellent. the pizzas where perfectly thin crust but a little on the over dressed side.
The service was prompt and friendly. The waitress was honest about her opinions and was kind enough to call us a cab just so it arrived after we had finished our dinner. Very impressed with the service, especially in quebec.