“This was a small and quiet place we enjoyed it.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of La Petite Italie - CLOSED

La Petite Italie
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Neighborhood: Downtown Quebec City
Rockland, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This was a small and quiet place we enjoyed it.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

We enjoyed our meal there it was close to our hotel just a short walk.Servive was good people where freindly the food was verry good at a decent prise.

Visited July 2013

Charlottetown, Canada
“Hey, this Old Quebec . . .”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

I've been to Old Quebec over fifty times over the last fifty years and I've come to expect very little in restaurants in the old part of the city. It seems that the quality of the food is inversely proportionate to the location of the tourist areas; the further away, the better the meals/service. With this in mind, I keep my expectations quite low and it's helped me deal with over priced meals and snotty service. So, given my crappy attitude, I was surprised to find a decent little pizza joint with friendly service that lacks the usual "we're doing you a favour" attitude. Really, my experience here was very positive . . . I'd check it out.

• Visited July 2013
Quebec City, Canada
“Good food at low price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

A restaurant in the middle of the "Vieux Québec" where you can eat good food at at very low price. The food is excellent and the service very good. A very good place to share with friends and family.

• Visited July 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Avoid at all costs. Screw these guys.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

We popped into this unassuming restaurant minutes after arriving in Quebec City. We went into the La Cantina side, which is attached to la Petite Italie. They serve Burgers & Poutine on the Cantina side so we figured that was perfect for our first meal in Quebec City. It was our first time & our first "French" meal.

The restaurant was pretty quiet & emptied completely while we were there but the service was horrendous. The woman serving us was rude, unfriendly & slow. I didn't receive a refill on my coffee as she didn't even notice (or care) that it was empty.

The food was small & mediocre at best but to top off our worst restaurant experience ever I asked her, very politely, what the correct pronunciation of "Merci" was (being from Vancouver, BC I've never really said it out loud) . Without hesitation she told me it was pronounced "Mercy". I asked her again as I thought it was "Mare-See" but she assured me it was pronounced "Mercy".

This, of course, is VERY wrong. Offensively and laughably wrong. I was pretty sure it wasn't correct but was walking around Quebec City saying the wrong bloody word for a few days until we arrived in Montreal & I was laughingly corrected by a family member.

This local Québécois server purposely taught two visitors and two CUSTOMERS to pronounce "Thank You" wrong! We approached her asking for advice to assure we used our manners and she lied to us & played a cruel joke on us. The worst part is when I asked her how to pronounce it, I pronounced it correctly the first time!

This fact is so mind-numbingly ignorant, RUDE and straight up mean that I can barely comprehend it.

Avoid this restaurant and frankly, screw those guys. If that server hates English speaking patrons so much she shouldn't be working in Old Quebec. I am so offended by this interaction it's still affecting me. As a Canadian, it just straight up gives us a bad name.

• Visited June 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Cozy Italian meal out of the thunderstorm”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

We ducked into Le Petit Italie during a storm and enjoyed a meal feeling secure at an open window table looking over a beautiful herb planter box. For a starter we had a delightful smoked salmon salad. It was the right combination of salmon, greens, capers and red onion. The dressing was non existent but because olive oil was brought to the table, it made it easy to combine the olive oil with the fresh lemon. The risotto with lobster was pretty good as was the Osso bucco. Both were substantial, served with grated cheese. Dessert was delicious-- rich chocolate cake and Carmel flan. I like the one price - 3 course meal. Service was good. Ambiance was lovely and many families shared the restaurant as well as couples.

• Visited June 2013