“Mediocre, at best, says it all”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of La Petite Italie - CLOSED

La Petite Italie
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Neighborhood: Downtown Quebec City
New York City, New York
“Mediocre, at best, says it all”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I was staying down the street, and wanted a casual and convenient dinner on my last night. This was a mistake. The food was acceptable, I guess, but the service was painfully slow, even while the restaurant was half-empty. There seemed to be only two wait staff, and one cook in the kitchen (I had a view of the kitchen) and the chef couldn't seem to get his act together. The waiter and waitress, who also had to bartend as well as bus the tables, kept revisiting the kitchen to inquire after after everyone's food. I'd waited so long for my salad that I watched my waiter finally go into the kitchen and put the pre-mixed salad on the plate himself.

• Visited October 2012

Fishers Landing, New York
“Le Petite Italie”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I did not eat at La Petite Italie, but the sister cafe situated next door "La Cantina." The service was leisurely, but I like to eat at my leisure. I do not wish to "grab a McDonald's!" The decor is contemporary and very attractive. I had the Burger L'Italien - which was really a Burger Chicken Parmesan, served with either a garden salad or french fries (pomme frites.) At $13.95 it was an excellent lunch, served piping hot, and cooked to order. The server was a very pleasant young woman. I will definitely return here, and I would recommend La Cantina for a reasonably priced lunch or dinner in Old Quebec City.

• Visited October 2012
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Good food and good service”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I went for dinner and had their 3 pastas meal with appetizer, hot tea/coffee and dessert for about $20. The service was great (it is slower than in the United States, but I like a relaxing meal). The cream of tomato soup was fantastic. The three pastas were all distinct and very flavorfull. The chocolate cake was the best dessert I had on my whole vacation. I will definitely go back.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank MidwestTraveler34
Providence, Rhode Island
“confused about the other reviews, the food was excellent”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

My boyfriend and I ate here for dinner midweek in September, the restaurant was not packed but busy. There were 2 waiters- and we found that the service was excellent. Our waiter had at least 8 tables, but still found time to fill my wine glass for me each time it was low. He remembered which patrons spoke French & who spoke English. The food was excellent. I had tortellini with the best rose sauce I've had in years and my boyfriend had a baked seafood dish. The portions were huge and the food was very fresh. His came with veggies on the side, and they were cooked perfectly, not overcooked the way many restaurants cook vegetables, still a little bit crispy. We also had a chocolate cake for dessert, which was also delicious. It was a dark chocolate and not overly sweet. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who visits Quebec.

• Visited September 2012
Hamburg, Germany
“Slow service, bad food”
Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

I went here for lunch and was really disappointed. Service was incredibly slow with two waiters and too many clients, obviously. The place was full of smoke. My pepperoni pizza had a half cm of cheese on top. First I thought they brought me the wrong dish, but it had pepperoni below the cheese. I felt like I carried a stone in my stomach for the rest of the day.