“Still my favorite”

Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Quebec City
Reviewed March 8, 2014

We have many good restaurants in Quebec City, but that one is still my favourite gathering place to enjoy a nice diner with friends. Staff is very nice and the food was outstanding as usual.

1  Thank Jackocan

Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I went out for belated Valentines day dinner and it was definitely an excellent choice on his part! it wasn't too busy on a Saturday night, which may have been because of the parade for the end of the Carnaval. but there was still quite a few people dining that night.

We started off with some calamari and some sort of shrimp platter. There weren't that many shrimp, but the calamari was bountiful! It was very tasty and arguably my calamari was better but it's hard to screw up something you just deep fry I suppose.

I had the fettuccine au saumon fumé with rosé sauce, which was delicious and had a decent sized slice of smoked salmon on it. But it was incredibly rich, so by the end of the plate it was a bit much. My boyfriend had some sort of pestoy creme fraiche thing with mushrooms, tomatoes and basil and it was incredible.

of course, I saved room for dessert and between the two of us, we shared some sort of lovely decadent chocolate mousse cake as well as a creme brûlée. It was fantastic!!! an amazing end to our meal!

the service was good and I was especially pleased when the waitress took our bread basket only to return with more bread! and it was warm! I love warm bread! and lots of butter!

In conclusion, it was a very happy and delicious belated valentines day for all!

2  Thank dirtytoaster
Reviewed February 19, 2014

My girlfriend and I went here for a late valentine's day meal, paid $70 in total for 3 courses each and felt that this was very good value.

The feel of the place is perfect for a relaxed evening meal. Everything from the brick wall to the pace of the music did nothing but better the experience.

The calamari starter was incredibly spiced, and my prawns were perfectly cooked. I can't remember the name of my main but it was a pasta dish with mushrooms, pesto, basil, mushrooms and possibly crème fraiche. My girlfriend took the smoked salmon pasta, which was equally fresh and delicious. The crème brûlée and chocolate cake which we shared were both of a very high quality, and despite being full after so much food neither of us could bear to waste a bite.

The near-perfectness of this restaurant makes the prices in Vieux Quebec seem ridiculously steep, and I would say that there is only one restaurant in Quebec (Le Billig) that can match the overall experience that you will find here at Ciccio.

In conclusion, if I was more than a poor student I would eat there every day.
I would also very much like to meet the chef to shake his hand, I imagine that you will too after trying the food!

1  Thank Josh N
Reviewed February 5, 2014

The italian cuisine here is AMAZING. Best of all the service is great, as are the people who work here. On top of that, it is incredibly affordable compared to other sit down restaurants. The decor was fancy, and pretty chic! We had a wonderful waiter who spoke great english(he was from Vancouver, Canada). My husband and I started with the fried calimari, which was tasty!!! FOr our entrees we had the Ciccio's linguine which was a very delicious linguine in a cream sauce with peppers, mushrooms, and ham. My husband had the salmon fettuccini. It was a lot of food and we even had some spare to take back to the hotel. This place is located just a few blocks outside of the "walls" of the old city. It's worth the trip. We found this place by looking at the other reviews here on trip advisor. It was a nice hidden gem that tourists don't seem to notice. GO CHECK IT OUT.

1  Thank Helen A
Reviewed January 12, 2014

We were fortunate to discover this gem of an Italian Restaurant in Quebec City. Warm, tasteful interior. Great menu with a good selection of Appetizers, Salads, Soups, Pastas, Seafood, Meats and more. Nice wine selection as well. Prices are what you'd expect for a nicer Quebec City Restaurant of this quality. We've spent a whole lot more in Quebec City at other restaurants and got a whole lot less, so my wife and I would say this is a good value for a special meal. Our service was OUTSTANDING. Our waiters name was Max, he was friendly, attentive (not overly), sincere and you could tell he enjoyed his job, meeting and serving patrons of the restaurant. He was knowledgable about every item on the menu and offered suggestions to suit our tastes. This is a big pet peeve of ours, going to a fine restaurant, only to ask the server about a particular item on the menu and getting a blank stare or an "I don't know" ! If you want a fine italian dining experience in a charming setting, with great food and great service I don't think you can get any better that Ciccio Cafe in Quebec City.

1  Thank borninthebronx54