“Great Lunch - Charming restaurant in Old Quebec” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cafe de Paris
Ranked #189 of 1,427 Restaurants in Quebec City
Cuisines: French, European, Canadian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Downtown Quebec City
Hamilton, ON
“Great Lunch - Charming restaurant in Old Quebec”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

We stopped in for a late-ish lunch on a Sat. afternoon, and were so glad we did. Lovely old restaurant - original stone walls, working fireplace and our servers were delightful. Chateaubriand for 2, including soup and coffee/tea only $49. - great compared to some of the prices we saw on menus (ie: one pub we looked at had fish and chips for $20!!) They cooked it to our liking at the table - great fun and flare for 2 22 yr old girls on vacation. (my daughter and niece) They were thrilled to bits with the entire experience. I had a steak - cooked as per my request - rare and very tender. Would definitely return.

• Visited November 2013

• Turkish first
Friendswood, Texas
“Excellent for lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

Two friends and I had lunch on Oct 20th. Very old world charm with a nice fireplace in the small main dinning area. Since it was not very crowded at all, our waiter Marco N. gave us exceptional service. He answered all of our questions and made suggestions. Two of us had the potato leek soup and the other had the Table d Hote which included french onion soup, Tournedos Poulet and coffee or tea. Everything was very good! Marco served us bread while we waited for our lunch. The food was good but what really endeared us was Marco's serenading, comedy and attention. If I go back to Quebec I'll certainly stop by for lunch and request Marco!

• Visited October 2013
Rodney ON
“good lunch, but pricey”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

I stopped in for lunch on a rainy day. There were only a couple of other diners in here, so I got a nice table near the fireplace with a view of the streetscape. The café is lovely inside...stone walls, dark beams, cpzy tables. I had a French onion soup , a ceasar salad, and a coffee. The soup was excellent with lots of onion pieces, and the salad had a rich dressing and big chunks of lettuce. The coffee was flavorful and the ambiance was wonderful. The bill was over $30, which was a bit of a surprise, but I reminded myself that I'm in the heart of the tourist area....and a cozy restaurant on a rainy day was worth it to me.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
New York
“norfood”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

atmosphere was cute - but a bit touristy and cheesy - food was terrible and overpriced - stopped in to get two café au laits to go - gave them to me in very very small cups - and charged me $11!!!!!! - this was outrageous - I asked if they made a mistake but they said no - tourist trap - don't go

Visited October 2013
Sarasota, Florida, USA
“Romance, atmosphere, and a bargain in Quebec City”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

We were drawn to this cafe on a busy "restaurant row" in Old Quebec initially by the charming atmosphere and the sign advertising Chateaubriand for two" at a very attractive price. Since we were early, we had a quiet table by a window on the second floor, warm and efficient service, and a dinner that, despite the reasonable price, was very, very good overall. The dinner included a nice, yet undistinguished salad, followed by a top-quality, huge filet mignon carved tableside from a platter surrounded by veggies and small potatoes. House wines were fine, and fairly priced.
It was one of our favorite evenings during our three weeks in Quebec.

• Visited August 2013