“Paris in Quebec”

Ranked #225 of 1,478 Restaurants in Quebec City
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Quebec City
Description: Discover fine French and Italian cuisine that will match your expectations in a peaceful, warm and romantic atmosphere.
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We walked in of the street without a reservation and were seated within minutes at a nice table for two, while we browsed the menu we were serenaded by a musician playing acoustic guitar rather than the usual violins, the view out of the window was just for the fresh air as it was extremely hot when we were in Quebec, the food was very good but not the cheapest place in town but a great and enjoyable night, would go back again.

There are newer reviews for Cafe de Paris

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Me and my family went on a trip to Quebec City and needed a place to eat when we finally found the cafe de Paris we were totally amazed on the atmosphere of the restoront. The live music really made you feel like your in a cafe in Paris the food was great and Fresh. The dessert was presented very nicely and the waiters and waitresses were very kind and polite. The service was fast. Me and my family were so impressed on the outcome of our dinner we were sure to come Back again. :-)

Reviewed August 27, 2013

We had a lovely meal in this very french restaurant with a man playing lovely french music as we ate. We met a lovely Quebec couple who were celebrating their Wedding Anniversary. Very friendly people even though the lady did not speak English at all.
A lovely evening.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

My daughter and I ate here on our first night in Quebec City. We had a set meal with me having the terrines, mussels, and chocolate mousse as my meal. The terrine and the mussels were both good but the chocolate mousse, it was exceptional. I have never tasted a chocolate mousse this good in all the years I've lived. My daughter ordered a very tasty mushroom appetizer, an excellent seafood pasta dish, but was disappointed that her apple pie was served to her cold.

The service was excellent! The owner came over and took a picture with us, what a character! The musician sang songs in English and French and added to the very romantic atmosphere this restaurant had.

Overall, a very memorable meal that both my daughter and I thoroughly enjoyed!

Reviewed August 25, 2013

My boyfriend and I went to the Cafe De Paris on a whim. Walking by looking for a place to eat, I noted that they had a vegetarian menu ( I am vegan, my boyfriend is not!)so we went inside. We were promptly seated but then left there for an extended period of time while the servers tended to a new table that appeared to be personal friends of theirs. The server came up from behind me and grabbed by arm to see if I had a napkin on my lap. He brought me one as I did not. The wine list was very pricy, pricier than I would expect for a casual dining restaurant. I ordered just a glass. We ordered our food but while ordering the server would interup us to converse with his colleagues. When the food came we knew we had made a mistake. My cheeseless veggie pizza consisted of a medley of vegetables that had been boiled prior to baking on the pizza. I did not eat much. My boyfriends cok au van chicken was of average quality. Overall, the restaurant was that of fast food quality with 4 star prices. Ironically, our bill was the same price as our wonderful meal at Cochon Dingue, an amazing dining experience that I highly recommend! Verdict: DO NOT GO TO CAFE DE PARIS if you are looking for a great dining experience.

1  Thank Jasmine D