“Go for the $19.99 deal”

Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Quebec City
Reviewed November 29, 2009

We were there in late November and there were very few tourists anywhere. I guess this is the time to go to this restaurant, not during the summer/tourist season. Our server was attentive and pleasant, the food was pretty good, the wine decent (frankly I was pleasantly surprised at the good quality of this wine) and the atmosphere fine. We had the Quebec meat pie and the chicken fricasee. Both were tasty. Just know that this is a tourist place and stick to the $19.95 menu , skip the up-grades and you'll do fine. You won't feel ripped off. It is not fine dining but go there for the experience of it. Would I go back?? Maybe... but only in off-season.

Reviewed November 7, 2009

My husband and I went here for an early dinner with two friends and their infant. The waitress took great care of us, was patient with the baby, and the food was delicous! I highly recommend the maple pie!
Helpful hint: They have an early dinner option with a reduced menu, but will save you quite a bit and still offers plenty of yummy options!

Reviewed October 30, 2009

Eating at this restaurant is like eating in the dining room of a favorite aunt or grandmother. The atmosphere is warm and inviting, the decor is homey and the servers are downright hospitable. I live in the southern part of the USA so Quebec is very different from what I am used to in terms of cuisine. Our server Felix was a VERY charming young man who was helpful and attentive and was very patient in recommending and describing traditional Quebecoise cuisine. I must admit some of the meat that was in their Tourtiere du Lac is not something I would normally find in Florida but I am glad that I tried it. In doing so not only did I enjoy my meal but also experienced another aspect of Quebec culture.

Reviewed October 28, 2009

Place has a great atmosphere, very nice staff. Reading other reviews I also highly recomend the lunch menu which is priced at $19.99 up until 5:45pm.

I ordered some chicken breast on a pastry, which was basically an upside down, inside out chicken pot pie. It wasn't bad, I ate every last bite & was satisfied. The Mrs. on the other hand had the meatball raguet, which consisted of 4 pork meatballs in a bowl of gravy with a bioled potato in the middle. That had a sort of sweet taste to it which I knew she would soon become sick of.

we were both very pleasantly surprised by the beer & wine that came with the meal. Both were very good. The dessert of the day we had was the maple pie & that was much better than what I expected.

Overall it was pretty good, not "Oh my god this is wonderfull!!!", but not the worst meal we've had (well, maybe hers, lol)

Definately a touristy place & by reading all the other reviews it's a must to be there before 5:45, becouse if we would of paid $200 for the meal this would of been a different review.

Reviewed September 30, 2009

My husband and I had a 4 night vacation in Quebec City and found this wonderful restaurant on the advice of our walking tour guide. We enjoyed the restaurant tremendously. Our waitress Silvie was the BEST! She made us feel as though we were family. She was wonderful and her service was excellent. The food was to die for. I had my husband cancel reservations twice at another restaurant (5 star) so we could go there twice before we left.

They have a phenomenal deal before 6pm where you can get everything for basically half price ($19.95). I highly reccomend the meat pie, french onion soup and the maple tart dessert. This price also includes wine or beer.

This restaurant is located in the oldest building in the upper city and the atmosphere is nice, casual and very quaint. There is nothing that we did not like. I can't wait to visit again and we bought the cook book of the recipes from the restaurant! Merci beaucoup
Silvie and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Lynn & Steve, Rhode Island