“Avoid or check everything on the bill.”
Review of Spag & Tini

Spag & Tini
Ranked #117 of 1,523 Restaurants in Quebec City
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Quebec City
Description: Spag & tini Resto ! is the most beautiful destination of the Quartier Petit-Champlain to enjoy a great meal ! We offer a historic building of 1775, at the foot of Cap Diamant , with the best view of the Chateau Frontenac ! A dedicated team , tasty dishes and cook with love, a beautiful setting ... all this and more just for you!
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I agree with the Sale S review as I was also conned into eating in Spag & tini. The sales pitch was $18.99 INCLUDING TIPS. The bill arrived after the main course Total $23.20 (I had a glass of wine which I knew would be extra) However the total of $23.20 was scored through and written in pen was $26.68. I asked the waiter and he said management allowed them to add the tip to the bill. Reluctant to make a scene I paid up and left. Afterwards a fellow passenger on the tour informed me that there was dessert and coffee which the waiter never mentioned. In short I paid $26.68 for a very mediocre main course and a glass of even more mediocre red wine.
When I think of the beautiful city I remind myself it was also the place where I was ripped off.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

So this is the deal with this place.

If you are on the day trip bus tour from montreal to quebec city, your driver and guide will a thousand times during your 3 hour ride mention this place, pitch about it, glorify it, even tell you that they are the best place in all of quebec etc etc, all baloney. Then they will stop the tour bus right in front of this location to add the sales pitch.

I can almost guarantee the tour guide and the bus driver get some commission from this joint.

The food is terrible. I mean there is no taste, no flavor, no spice, wtf is this place. ?

On top of it, to con you to go into this place, they have these package menus that you think your getting a good deal, 18$ for a full course meal is what they pitch you, they say they have a vegetarian option, they say they have italian option etc... but all the food is bland and tastes like a frozen meal warmed up, made by some minimum wage part time hates his job type temporary chef.

Do not fall for the pitch by the tour guides and the bus driver to eat here. If you notice when your bus is coming in and parking near this place, That This whole restaurant is EMPTY.

then after some of you have been conned to eat here leave, and couple hours after you happen to walk in this area or near by, you AGAIN see a an EMPTY restaurant.

So this place is basically set up for the con job of the tour guide/driver to send unsuspecting newbies tourists to waste there cash on this place.

They are many many other great cafes, restaurants in quebec city in the old town, try them, take your time, enjoy.

beware of this place..

1  Thank Sale S
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We settled on Spag&Tini after looking at the menus/pricing of other restaurants in lower Old Montreal, and we sure are glad we did. All 4 in our group was quite pleased with our selections( perhaps the only time during a 2 week trip) The restaurant was not crowded, although it may when the cruise ships are in. The service was good, atmosphere pleasant, food very good and well priced. What more could one ask?

Reviewed September 19, 2012

Perched near the street and water under bright yellow umbrellas Spag & Tini was exactly what you'd expect to find in old Quebec. We had the lasagna bolognasi which was exceptional. The wait staff were all friendly and responsive. A great place to wine and relax.

Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

My husband & I were on our honeymoon recently and decided to stop in and have some lunch at spag & tini. We were not disappointed. It was a lovely afternoon and we sat outside. Though I'd recommend the restaurant to consider wasp traps( brown paper bags work well) the waitress was super friendly and quick. She gave us bread while we waited for our meals. My husband had the lasagna and I had the margarita pizza. Both were delicious! We hoped to go back later that evening but their patio was closed. Highly recommended :)