“BAD SERVICE” 2 of 5 bubbles

Pub Saint-Alexandre
Ranked #105 of 1,427 Restaurants in Quebec City
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Canadian
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Downtown Quebec City
Tonawanda, New York
“BAD SERVICE”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

The restaurant has a person outside the entrance drawing people into the restaurant. Once inside, we were treated like cattle with a smile. After a wait to be seated, we waited again for a server. I finished my pre-dinner soft drink and a waitress rushed by and took my empty glass and I never got a refill. All of the staff seemed overwhelmed, the time to order seemed rushed and we had another long wait for our meal. When it arrived, the person quickly placed the plates on our table and was off running. It took forever to get someone to deliver drink refills and ketchup for our fries. Instead of a relaxing meal, the experience made us feel stressed. Food prices are touristy high. Terrible experience and we do not recommend.

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

• Korean first
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
“Great food and beer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

Great area to have some food and drink. Some of the staff were not the friendliest, but all in all a good place to go!

Visited June 2013
Tampa, Florida
“Brit Pub in Old Quebec City”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

Great music - loved the sausage platter with the sauerkraut cooked for 12 + hours in beer - Excellent place!

Visited September 2013
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Expensive and slow”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

The pub was busy but not jammed packed, it looked inviting, and only had to wait a few minutes for a seat.

I didn't pay close attention to pricing as I was tired and hungry.

Waited a long time for my beer, there was a great selection but ended up with something familiar, a Heineken pint, at $9.95!

Not feeling adventuresome, I ordered a cheeseburger, had them add bacon. It was delivered quite quickly after waiting for quite a while to order it, my server was Hubert M.

The burger, at $15.95 was good, not great, my add of bacon was $2.95 for 3 strips of bacon, which in my hometown would buy a 2/3 pound.

The total bill for a burger and a beer was $31! At half that price I would consider it reasonable.

I realize Quebec city is a tourist town, but the next morning had a fantastic breakfast just up the street at a very reasonable price with fantastic service.

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Ottawa
“Good Beer Selection”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

After a day of shopping, the Pub was located next to some favourite stores and also timely for supper and refuge from the rain. We were attracted by the Pub atmosphere and live music, and then lucked-in with a table (70) on the second level overlooking the musicians and first floor with bar. There is a reasonable selection of foreign and domestic beers and our waitress was well-versed in assisting in making a decision. My companion chose a sangria that arrived in an interesting layering of colours before mixing. The appetizer of breaded calamari was a good choice with tasty dipping sauce. With the foreign beer, I ordered fish & chips, but was disappointed in only one breaded fillet that was overcooked and dry, especially at $19.95. My companion's smoked meat plate with fries was tasty, but also not a bargain at $17.95. This was a good place to take a break from shopping and the rain, while enjoying a drink, appetizer and listening to live music, but you might be disappointed in the main meals and prices.

• Visited September 2013