“Le hobbit est fantasique!”
Review of Hobbit Bistro

Hobbit Bistro
Ranked #30 of 1,499 Restaurants in Quebec City
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Quebec City
Reviewed February 18, 2013

This is a great place with great food and reasonable prices. My wife and I ate here last night with two other couples and everyone raved about their meals. My bison ravioli was amazing and wife's duck confit was great as well. Everything was super tasty and the waitstaff were helpful, pleasant, and willing to entertain our attempts to speak in French. For dessert order the Baghdad cafe. It is very good.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

29th????? I obviously put this on my list based on research beyond TA. I had this on our list for dinner but that didn't pan out (bad on us) but we did trip over it kicking around old town. We both had beef tartare and it was far and away the best we had in Quebec and we had tartare anywhere and everywhere. The atmosphere was identical to what we experience in numerous bistros in Paris. The service was also the best we experiened on our trip. Would we go back ...we did the next day and the food and service was again exceptional. Our top choice in either Montreal or Quebec and a stellar value.

2  Thank ScottC
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Before leaving Carnaval Quebec that Sunday morning, we brunched at the happy Le Hobbit Restaurant, an easy 10 minute walk from our Hilton Quebec Hotel. My friend enjoyed his nicely-presented ample portion of eggs benedictine, with small fresh fruit portion and 2 toast and jam. Delicious he said. My own equally attractive plate of "omellette deliciouse" was I assured him "... just as the name boasted too". We practiced our French with our prompt and friendly waiter, who warmly responded with just a touch of a wry smile. Coffee au lait was worthy of seconds and the ambiance from our bright window table, enhanced by some cool background jazz was happy. The nearly full room was abuzz as other clients enjoyed the good food and ambiance just as much as we did.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

A nice choice if you want to avoid the tourist traps in Old Quebec. We ate here for dinner and had an amazing meal, and they accommodated our children by whipping up some pasta that wasn’t on the menu. It is nice to find a quality restaurant that was good for the whole family, and didn’t involve chicken nuggets or grilled cheese for the kids. I would highly recommend this restaurant

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is my boyfriend and I favorite place to go and enjoy a nice breakfast. Eggs are always cook to perfection, very nice home made jam, tasty meat, their coffee is great! We once went for lunch and the fish was great and so was the steak. Service is always good, very polite and friendly.