“The best burgers!”
Review of Le Chic Shack

Le Chic Shack
Ranked #79 of 1,525 Restaurants in Quebec City
Cuisines: Fast Food, Cafe
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Le Chic Shack is a new gourmet burger/milk shake restaurant opened in June 2012. We also serve poutines, fries and salads. For dessert, we offer milk shakes and ice cream sandwiches. The owners of Le Chic Shack are the sister-brother team of Lucy and Evan Price. They are also owners of the renowned Auberge Saint-Antoine and Panache restaurant in Quebec City. Located in a historic building owned by their family for five decades, Le Chic Shack reflects their culinary and interior design expertise. In creating their new restaurant, Lucy and Evan worked closely with their management team and Chef Mikael Garneau, previously of Panache, The Culinary Edge of San Francisco (California) and their local supplier base.Beyond our tasty recipes, these are some features that make Le Chic Shack stand out:* brioche buns made by local artisan baker Borderon et fils * sweet potato fries (along with fries from white potatoes)* uniquely built poutines - from side to main course dishes* milk shakes and ice cream sandwiches made with old fashioned coaticook ice cream * our own fruit sodas and ice tea* draft beer from the local Archibald brewery* draft wine selected by the sommelier of the Panache restaurant* the dynamism and energy of an open kitchen* a relaxed dining environment with tremendous views of the Chateau Frontenac through large French windowsLe Chic Shack is located on the Place d'Armes in the Vieux-Quebec (Old Quebec), facing the Chateau Frontenac and below the Musee du Fort.
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Great little place with excellent burgers. Ordered the Le Shack burger with braised beef on top of the patty and the poutine. Loved everything. They also don't have name brand soda so they make their own. The raspberry soda was better than any canned pop I've ever had.
Would love to go back

1  Thank Tracey_C_11
Write a ReviewReviews (1,210)

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Well, I wanted to try a poutine but I don't eat meat so it was difficult to find someplace and then I stumbled on a review of le Chic Shack and decided to give it a try. Had the poutine with the mushroom ragout and it was excellent, along with a red ale. Extremely filling (glad I didn't order more things) with a robust mushroom taste. Everyone there appeared to be enjoying their food.

1  Thank scotshap
Reviewed June 4, 2013

This nifty little cafeteria style eatery is located next to the Musee du Fort. When you go inside, you have to order and pay for your meal at the counter. It is then brought to your table. The tables have small baskets which include silverware, napkins, condiments, etc. Our first meal was a breakfast which was okay but inexpensive. Our next meal was lunch. My wife ordered a beef burger and a side of salad. I had the buffalo burger and a local favorite called poutine (I love this stuff!). The burgers were large, perfect and stacked about 6 inches tall. And they were great!
I do recommend that you try this quirky little place. It has a fun atmosphere, a hip young staff and really good food. It's what I wish burger places in the US were like--although this isn't strictly a burger place.

1  Thank alzari
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We had the burgers - great. And had the mushroom poutine - unbelievable. And came back for great milkshakes. You gotta eat here.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Le Chic Shack is a great fast-food spot in the old city.
Even though they serve fast food, I feel that the quality of the food is much superior to fast-food quality.
They house-make their sodas, and you can see and taste the vanilla beans in the green apple soda!
They also have house-made potato chips, which are really good.
Their classic poutine was different from the poutines I have had elsewhere, but by no means inferior - different in the sense that the potatoes were not cut like fries, but thicker, and they were swimming in delicious gravy.
The staff is really nice and friendly.
You grab a table number, go to the cashier, give her your table number and order your food.
When your food is ready, they bring your order to you. You also do not have to clean up after yourself, which is different from most fast-food restaurants.
This place really reminded us of Ray's Hell in VA, which has the best burgers we have ever tasted.
Finally, I had the best strawberry milkshake I have ever had at Le Chic Shack.
Overall, I highly recommend this place for a quick, but delicious meal!