“A very nice breakfast”

Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Quebec City
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Everytime we live in Quebec city, we must eat breakfast in Cochon Dingue. We not only love their food, but also the view and the ambiance. Personnaly, I love their smoked salmon eggs, but you have plenty of choice when you go there. Only thing I strongly recommend is to take the bowl of café au lait. It's wonderful.

There are newer reviews for Cochon Dingue

Reviewed June 15, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to me by a person who grew up in Quebec City.

We enjoyed the food. I highly recommend the ribs! The prices were reasonable, (main course for $15-28). Menus available in English.

We enjoyed the heated patio and people watching. The service was friendly, attentive and efficient.

It was not spectacular, overall, but it was enjoyable and I would consider going back.

Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

We had brunch here and were able to get seated promptly without a reservation but I would recommend one.

The service was friendly, and the portions were very big but I was not blown away by the food. I do think that their cranberry bread is very tasty, though. My yogurt and granola was just typical, but they topped it with a nice quantity of fresh berries and bananas. I had the latte "bowl" and our server presented it and told me "good luck". It was enormous.

I really wanted to try the Orleans Island cinnamon rolls, but when I asked about raisins, the server inquired and told me that they do contain raisins. Oh well.

The prices were a little steep, $13-ish before all that tax for the yogurt parfait, but I think it is because the restaurant is in all of the tour guidebooks. The short-order sister establishment is a few doors down the street.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

We shared the pork, apple and cheese sandwich and had bowls of vegetable soup. The sandwich was great, but the soup, ahh, it was Devine. That seems too grand a word for vegetable soup, but it was really that good.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Wanting a good quebecois brunch we chose a famous restaurant to be safe. The location is ideal, the personel friendly, but the food mediocre at best. We were very disappointed. Honestly, the maple sausages I buy at my local Safeway are better, and my cappucino was lukewarm. The whole plate was prepared from pre-cooked items, and I even had to ask for maple syrup for my dry toast. If this was a little restaurant with no name, I would never give this negative review. But when you carry a name like "cochon dingue" that seems to be in all guide books, I think your responsibility is to make an effort. Prices are incredibly high in Quebec, with the added very high tax, so please.... lukewarm sausage and potatoes and coffee... seriously..!