“Excellent selection”

Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Quebec City
Reviewed October 28, 2012

The buffet was great - the service was impeccable even though we had reserved for 14 people and only 11 showed up during a very busy Sunday Brunch. Especially liked the Crepes Suzettes... mmmm. Great orange juice, personalized omelettes, fruit and cheeses.

There are newer reviews for Cafe De La Terrasse

Reviewed October 20, 2012

We stayed at a beautiful small hotel facing the castle. We walked through and around the castle daily but did not try the restaurants until a rainy day. We stopped by the Cafe De La Terrasse for breakfast late in the morning. We ordered a la carte to get fresh food- the buffet was about to end. Service was terrible - no water, no offer of more coffee or cream. The food was terrible and we believe it was taken from the buffet. Dry French toast that was barely warm, luke warm waffles, cold bacon and the ham was extremely processed and cold. Nothing special at all. When a server asked us how our barely eaten food was, we said that it was terrible. The response was 'thank you'. We did not complain further - we did not want to start our day that way. We suggest you venture out for better meals. There is much to offer in Quebec City that is far better.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Go after 10:00 a.m and if you are lucky you get a mafnificient view of the city the food you have for breakfast excelent the value is also very good

Reviewed October 9, 2012

So Called Chef behind the buffet served my salmon on a serving spoon and pulled it off with his bare hands without gloves and when questioned, said I just came back from the washroom and I said take iit off my plate and he refused/

When I called over the manager, she said they do that all the time in the kitchen and we just don't see it there and she would do nothing about it. How about that one, no wonder people get sick and don't know what happened maybe a little not to the health department might be in order.

2  Thank Veronica049
Reviewed October 7, 2012

With the standard 15% tip, you're looking at $35 for breakfast. But if you're really hungry, that could still be a bargain because the variety of food offered is the best I've seen for breakfast anywhere. And the quality is top notch. I don't like salmon but thought I'd give it a try anyway, and it was awesomely good. They even had a large bowl of crème Anglais to put on whatever you wanted to. The service is adequate but not perfect. I suspect it's because the café serves not only the Chateau Frontenac guests but visitors and tourists from cruises, tours, etc. Sometimes it can get really crowded even though it is quite large. When it's really bustling the service can drop dramatically. But when it's quiet, especially early in the week on weekdays, it can be very pleasant.