“If I can travel Quebec City again, I will choose the same hotel.”
Review of Hotel Le Vincent

Hotel Le Vincent
Ranked #27 of 102 Hotels in Quebec City
Reviewed July 5, 2009

This is a very wonderful hotel in Quebec City. Actually, I didn't know this hotel before I traveled Quebece City. I didn't decide to stay in a 4-star hotel when I prepared my trip. After I arrived Quebec City, I started to look for a hotel. Then I found Le Vincent with an unexpected situation, it was amazing. Not only the price but also the service are better than my image. I got a good price for stay, and the boss told me where to travel in Quebec City. I was satisfied with the room.(room 5) It was a perfect room for me; especially the shower was very good. Everything was very clean and neat. I had a good time there. I am very happy that I could leave some wonderful memories before I go back to Taiwan. I met a wonderful hotel, a nice boss, and a beautiful place - Quebec City. I will never forget what I got in Quebec City !!!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank JackChiang
There are newer reviews for Hotel Le Vincent

Reviewed July 2, 2009

We stayed here for a weekend in June to celebrate our wedding anniversary. It was an amazing stay!! The hotel itself is very unique and has interesting artwork everywhere. Our car was parked in a covered garage behind the hotel, and when we needed access to the car we just asked and they walked us to the garage. We were in room 2, which is on the second floor. This room is small-ish but nice. As other reviews have said, the shower is amazing!! I loved the whole look of the room- very modern. The bed was so comfortable. Also, the breakfast, which is included in the price, is so good. The breakfast alone is enough of a reason to stay here. It really was like going to a nice restaurant for brunch every morning. Crepes, omlettes, French toast- all were fantastic!!! Additionally they serve delicious maple syrup and home made jams on the side which were insanely good! The fruit that came on the side was also very fresh. And you can choose from all types of coffee and tea with your meal. It really was the perfect way to start the day.
The service at this hotel is fantastic. Claude (the owner) and Danny were both extremely helpful with suggestions on the best places to eat, shop and sight-see along with detailed maps. The suggestions they gave us for food ranged from upscale restaurants to affordable local bars, which we really liked because it gave us lots of good options. On the day of our anniversary, Claude worked with my husband to plan a surprise with champagne, chocolates and strawberries in our room when we got back from walking around the city that day! The timing was perfect and afterwards they made a reservation for us at Yuzu, a sushi restaurant that is close by. It really was the perfect day. This hotel made our stay in Quebec very memorable and we would definitely go back.

Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank rie822
Reviewed June 27, 2009

I wanted to surprise my wife for her birthday and take her some place completely different as we usually frequent the west-coast of Canada in BC and vacation on Vancouver Island.

Quebec City each and everyday presented to us something unique and special, culturally it was an on going Canadian history lesson of friendly people whom are proud of their French roots. The buildings, attention to detail, the warm and polite customer service, the patience displayed as we attempted our small amount of French each conversation, the exceptional food in healthy portions and wine that makes one stop and saviour the moment........just an experience too hard to put into words.

The Auberge Le Vincent ( with a VanGough flair) greets a visitor with warm inviting ambiance, the front desk clerk the day we checked in was a gentleman named Danny who immediately took us to our room to explain the finer details of the hotels day to day operations.
The room its self was quiet #10, had a king size bed, coffee machine, Flat screen tv, excellent wall mounted A/C as the nights were warm and humid. The bathroom and shower which one just has to experience were way beyond our expectations as the photos only give you a glimpse to the comfort it provides.

The Auberge is situated apart from the hustle and bustle of the touristy area down by the Frontenac (which we did not want at night to be near) perfect location to walk everywhere in upper and lower old Quebec City.The owner Claude, Gilles and Danny each day gave us suggestions for walking tours, restaurants and provisions that made the stay outstanding.

The morning breakfasts (and I mean full breakfast with coffee, tea, cafe au lait etc) should be the bench mark for other Inn's to attempt. We had the pleasure on two mornings to have Claude wait on us and it was one of the highlights of the trip. They make every attempt to provide the guests with a high quality experience........food exceptional, service second to none.

In the day and age of people using the internet to book Hotels and Inns site un seen and the subtle fear it might bring for some travellers to find out that it might not be "as advertised" the Auberge Le Vincent will presently surprise you vs disappoint.
The entire experience went well beyond our expectations and I'll be telling my family and friends about the "Bijou" (google that) we found in Quebec City.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank FT02
Reviewed June 23, 2009

As a frequent traveler with preference international business hotel chains I allow myself to make this statement: owner Claude and his small team live hospitality! I’ve seldom seen such efforts, so much passion and friendliness then here at this modern and comfortable 4-star B&B! There are only 10 nice rooms: as light sleepers my buddy and I needed to switch after the first night from the comfy room no. 1 (in between loud main road and quieter side street) and Claude made it happen the very next morning and got us the nice room no. 10: good and quiet choice! As we 2 don’t want to share the huge queen size bed a comfy rollaway bed was brought into the room. Internet access was there at no charge (they even gave us their notebook to access the internet in the lobby), so was breakfast: just yummy (especially the crèpes) and healthy, too!
And once again: the entire team was so outstanding, helpful, courteous, like a host should always be! The Auberge is situated just close to the stairs (there’s also an elevator next by), which brings you to upper-city and leads you in a short 15 mins. walk to the touristy Old town. Therefore we just loved the ideal location of this hotel: between Old town and the local neighborhood with lots of local restaurants and bars (Rue St-Joseph Est)!
Absolutely to recommend!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank fkaway
Reviewed June 18, 2009

My husband and I spent 3 nights of our honeymoon at Auberge Le Vincent. What a great place. We awoke every morning to a delicious home-made breakfast and fancy coffee bar, perfect way to start the day! The owner Claude made us feel right at home, helping us plan our days, recommending great restaurants, shops, places to explore, where to walk, etc. The other employees running the front desk were also just as helpful. Helping us with bags, calling us cabs, you name it, they will do it!!! For anyone who thinks this is in a bad location needs to re-think that. Yes, this hotel may not be located right in the heart of old town, however, it is in a PERFECT location to explore ALL of downtown. You definitely need walking shoes for the city in general, however the location of this hotel allowed us to explore and enjoy many different areas of Quebec and is really only a 10 minute walk to upper old town. I honestly think that if we had stayed closer to the "tourist area", we would have missed out on so much more the city has to offer! The rooms were EXCEPTIONALLY clean and very modern, yet comfortable. The shower was amazing!!!!! One great thing about the rooms is that they are VERY QUIET!!! Claude has ensured that the windows have an extra thick pane of glass which keeps the outside noise out entirely, it's actually quite amazing!!!! What a great honeymoon!!!!

Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 11, 2009

When we arrived at l'Auberge le Vincent, Claude was already multi-tasking, between checkouts and 'phone calls; that did not stop him from coming to the door to help us with our bags. Following our check-in, Claude and Gilles gave us numerous suggestions of restaurants to try and routes for walking around the city, all of which proved to be ideal.
The bedroom was very clean and the shower cubicle was larger than some rooms in our apartment.
To top it all, there were 2 nice touches - firstly, we mentioned that we were taking a whale-watching trip and had to leave at 5am the next day. Gilles kindly put breakfast into the fridge in our room for us, while we were out in the evening. Then, once we had left Quebec, driven through Ontario, Michigan and Indiana, we realised that my husband had left a suit hanging in the room. Gilles and Claude were quick to send it on to us. Nothing was too much trouble.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 11, 2009

This place is very good, the owner (Claude) is friendly and very helpful. The morning breakfast is filling and has lot to choose(included in the price). Our room was elegant and very cosy. Claude made us visit other room for our own pleasure. All rooms are different and romantic. Easy to walk to the attraction sites and the Auberge is in a neighbourhood with a lot to offer. Good restaurants, bars and attractions, just a few step away from the Auberge. Indoor Parking is available . We will definitely good back...

Thanks Claude