“Charming Hotel, Personable Staff”
Review of Hotel Le Vincent

Hotel Le Vincent
Ranked #29 of 102 Hotels in Quebec City
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Charming Hotel, Personable Staff”
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I loved this small charming hotel with a very personable staff who attend to every detail.

The rooms are very well appointed and the fixtures and furniture in excellent condition. The style is contemporary and attractive. The shower water pressure and temperature is excellent. The room is quiet. Free Internet access is available in the room.

Antonio, the owner, and his staff are very attentive. They graciously helped us with all of our dinner reservations. When one of our choices was unavailable their recommendation for an alternate restaurant was excellent and at a reasonable price.

Breakfast in the dining area adjacent to the lobby was included in the price of the room. The menu is varied and the quality very good. The dining room is bright and cheery.

The location is a ten minute walk to the old city through pleasant neighborhoods.

Will definitely stay here again when in Quebec City.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RMF-traveler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Vietnamese first
Fernie, Canada
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We visit QC quite often and have stayed at various hotels in many different locations. Le Vincent was a gratifying choice. Upon arrival we were greeted with a warm reception and help with our luggage was insisted. The hotel is very " boutique". The hotel's 10 rooms have lovely character with exposed brick, newly refurbished bathrooms, oversized and comfortable beds.
Once we got our bearings the location was fine. We were directed to a couple of restaurants and the conceirge's picks were perfect and just a 5 minute walk away. Also if I had had the time there was excellent shopping in the same proximity as the restaurants.
The breakfast was excellent as good as any I have had. Upon arrival at our table we were served orange juice with a strawberry slice. Then given about 8 different choices from a menu. I had an omelet with ham, cheese and veggies. Served with hashbrowns, toast and fresh fruit. My daughter had chocolate and fruit crepes with maple syrup.
After our stay I realized that the service was what made our stay one that we would repeat.

Room Tip: You have to be ready to walk up 2 flights of stairs otherwise all the rooms are fine.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Burnaby, Canada
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I stayed in this hotel in April 2013 and I would like to say that the other comments here are spot-on.

The service was extremely friendly and the staff was ready to assist with anything - from suggesting tourist attractions and walking routes to helping you with your luggage and taxi.

I stayed in room 6 located on the 3rd floor of the hotel. To address some of the issues that other writers have brought up:
-As a guy with average fitness, I did not find the hotel stairs to be a problem at all. There were perhaps ~25 steps in total from the bottom of the hotel to the top. No problem especially if the staff were around to assist you.

-The walk from the hotel to the old city gates is about 15 minutes. This was not a problem for me even though I walked everyday to attend a conference. The sights through this part of the city are also worth walking through and seeing.

-Room 6 in particular has a private bathroom, and might I add, one of the best shower experiences I have ever had in a hotel. The large over-head shower was amazing.

-The breakfast was made-to-order and also one of the best breakfasts I have ever had anywhere, and certainly the best ever in a hotel.

-Although the room was facing the streets, I didn't hear any street noise. The windows and shutters were well sound-proofed.

-The price at the time of booking was on-par with the other hotels in the area. In comparison with chain hotels (Marriott, Hilton etc), Auberge le Vincent offers a much better experience, in my opinion.

The level of attentiveness to detail were obvious during my stay. Overall my time in Quebec was extremely pleasant and I would definitely stay at Auberge le Vincent again.

Room Tip: Room 6 had a private bathroom and was a good size. It also had a couch.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank J C
Perth, Australia
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We hit Quebec on the day prior to a 3 day late winter snowstorm and to a warm welcome from the team at le Vincent. Quirky decoration in the van Gogh theme throughout added to the individuality of this Auberge. Personal attention from the owner was another bonus, from breakfast service to checking on taxis, open times for attractions - nothing was too much trouble.
We reserved one of the larger rooms and it was very roomy and comfortable - even the smaller rooms (taken by our son) would be plenty of room for a couple. We hope to be back some time soon!! An easy walk up 100 stairs and then up Rue St Clair takes you to Rue St Jean and many eating places. Thank you Antonio.

Room Tip: Ask for the larger rooms - 8 or 4
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Previously I stayed at a landmark Quebec City hotel but experienced numerous disappointments. The second time around I opted for this boutique Auberge Hotel and reveled in the charm and genuine hospitality; clean, quiet, and includes a wondrous breakfast. The staff (Kathleen and Diego) were more than accommodating, offering suggestions of "things to do" that were not to be found in a typical tourist guidebook. The Old Town is in walking distance but I found the location of this hotel offered a "local" flavor that avoided the touristy trappings. No question, I loved my stay and will return again soon.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank gypsyfeet87501
Chandler, Az, USA
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We arrived at the hotel around midnight. The desk person was awaiting our arrival, and actually went out and helped us get our luggage out of the cab. Checkin was speedy, and information was given about the fabulous famous included breakfast. We loved the hotel, as it was charming, clean, and comfortable. We booked a room on the 3rd floor, and that was our only regret. We had to walk up three flights of steep stairs when we were so tired we could hardly stand, after flying all day on a long (two stopovers) flight from Phoenix. This was the only problem we encountered. If we stayed again, we would never stay on the top floor. The stairs were very steep, and it was just too much every time we went in and out of the hotel. The breakfast is the best we have had anywhere. Amazing service, and Perfectly divine menu. I would highly recommend this hotel. It is, however, out of the way of the city, with about a 30 minute walk. Some people say 15 minutes, but it is really much longer, unless you want to climb a couple hills. The visit to Quebec was beyond our expectations. The hotel was very nice.

Room Tip: We would never stay on the third floor again, as there is no elevator, and the stairs are extremely...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chandlercruisers
AubergeLeVincent, Propriétaire at Hotel Le Vincent, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
We would like to thank you and express, once more, how important your comments are to us; they help us improve our standards and remain as one of the best hotels in Québec! Nevertheless, we would like to make some remarks about some of your comments which may be a little misleading. Indeed, the stairs are steep, but we would like to point out that we carry all your luggage upstairs (or downstairs) for you if you need it or ask for it. We don’t really offer a great view, as we are at downtown Québec City, but we find that all the other perks about our location make the balance break even. We are, for example, within less than a 10-minute walk from more than 15 different restaurants;just to cite some of them; the small, but highly appreciate, French bistrot ‘Le Clocher Penché’ is 5 minutes away, as it is the trendy ‘Le Cercle’ with its international cuisine. Mediterranean cuisine, from ‘Largo Resto-Club’, or different Asian cuisines are also 5 to 10 minutes away.
Rome, Italy
Reviewed March 29, 2013

The "auberge" is a small but cosy, clean and welcoming, quiet and comfortable hotel.
The number of room is limited and there is no true restaurant, but they serve a nice home-made breakfast and there are a good number of good restaurants at walking distance

The hotel is not on the top of Quebec hill, but also at a walking distance.
The staff is kind and caring.
We had a very pleasant stay.
I may go back there if I return to Quebec !

Room Tip: do not hesitate to take the upper class rooms, if you can, they are really nice. I had the opportun...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple