“Great Auberge near the old city”
Review of Hotel Le Vincent

Hotel Le Vincent
Ranked #26 of 101 Hotels in Quebec City
Ottawa
“Great Auberge near the old city”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

we made a last minute decision to get away to Quebec City for a couple of nights; he planned to ski at Mont Ste Anne as I had been sidelined by an injury and was In a leg brace, we needed a spot that was close to all of the sites and could accommodate my limited mobility. We chose the auberge based upon other Tripadvisor reviews and we were very happy with our decision. The terrific service starred from our first contact with the hotel. when I called to book, I explained that I could walk but was using a cane; the attendant at the front desk (Diego) suggested room 5 on the second floor (it is ground floor out the back door of the hotel) and suggested that if I found the flight of stairs from the lobby level too challenging, he would change us to room 1 on the lobby level when we arrived.

We found ourselves running late after driving though a bad storm enroute to Quebec City; when we called, Diego assured us that he would wait for us to arrive as we would not make the 10pm late arrival time when the lobby would close. Diego greeted us at the door at 10:15 i the rain, showed us to the parking and helped us with our bags. We were able to enter our room from the back entrance with only 2 steps. The room was quite large, had 2 big windows, a nice king size bed and a lovely washroom with a v large shower with a the choice of a rain shower wad or a hand held shower head, which once again worked well for me.

I had been fearful of the stairs as reported by other reviews, they were indeed a bit steep, but carpeted and there was a railing on each side so I felt quite comfortable.

Breakfast in the lobby (included in the price of our room) was a great treat each morning; the first morning we had the eggs and on our second day we had the omelette. Each dish was accompanied by delicious home fries, homemade preserves and a lovely fruit plate. We also enjoyed the freshly brewed espresso/cappuccinos. The staff helped us cheerfully and efficiently with numerous requests including ice for my therapeutic ice packs,calls for taxis, and they helped with my luggage on the last day.

The room was indeed warm and sound proof as other reviewers have mentioned; there was a family with an infant staying on the same level as us but we never heard them. We noticed and appreciated the bed side reading lights and the v good wifi signal in our room.

A note regarding the location of the hotel: we thought that the hotel would be closer to old Quebec; it was indeed only a few minutes' walk to the elevator up to old city but due to my mobility issues I found that I relied on cabs. we would certainly recommend this charming auberge to others.

Room Tip: We chose to call the front desk for help choosing a room; the rooms are well-represented on the webs...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cathleentravelbuzz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Vietnamese first
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Felt compelled to write a review of Le Vincent.

It's a really cool property with a relaxed but upscale vibe. The room was great, the location was perfect, and the staff were excellent.

I'd highly recommend this little spot.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank towertumbling
Long Branch, New Jersey
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We liked this hotel very much: nice rooms, very nice windows (good for insulation in the winter), amazing coffee machine in the bedrooms (coffee was very tasty) and very generous and harty breakfast.
The hotel is slightly off centered geographically as it is at the bottom of a hill. But the city installed an elevator.

the staff is VERY friendly and helpful<

I would go there again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank NJfoodie74
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We had a wonderful stay. The service was incredible. They helped us with other luggage, gave us great restaurant recommendations, arranged taxi transportion for us, even made us a special early morning breakfast before our flight home. We will highly recommend to our friends and we will be back!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jennifer S
whitehorse
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed in this intimate little pension-style hotel in November of 2012. The room was beautifully decorated and spotless. My stay included a choice of full breakfasts and they were all delicious. Antonio and his staff are top-notch and accomodated my every request immediately. The price was extremely reasonable and much less than the cookie-cutter rooms at the chain hotels. I highly recommend this excellent little sanctuary.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank dragnflyracing
Baltimore, MD
Reviewed January 15, 2013

The hotel was very nice. The staff was extremely hospitable and the rooms were spacious, clean, and comfortable. There are many well-reviewed restaurants just a few blocks away. The walk to Old Town is pretty hilly at the beginning of the walk, as other reviewers have mentioned. There are stairs about a block from the hotel that is probably the fastest way up the hill.

The thing, for me, that set apart this hotel from others is the made-to-order breakfast that is included with the stay.

Stayed in Room 5.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank SpenceFilibuster
Leesburg, Virginia
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Antonio is a wonderful owner, attentive, concerned and ensures an exceptional experience. The breakfast is fantastic (some of the freshest and most delicious croissants I have EVER eaten - and I travel to Paris frequently). The rooms are spacious, beautifully appointed and the heaters work perfectly well to keep you warm through a cold Quebec City night. The indoor and heated car park is another wonderful amenity and it is very reasonable to park with this hotel. The rooms also include HDTV and a built in DVD player with an ample library available at the front desk (for free).

My only criticism is that the hotel lacks an abundance of snacks/beverages (but in their defense) a grocery and depanneur are in close proximity.

What an excellent hotel, at a great value for a well-travelled and spoiled guest, but also excellent for families.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with a small child, room 2 is a great option.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family