“Wonderful and charming boutique hotel.”
Review of Hotel Le Vincent

Hotel Le Vincent
Ranked #27 of 102 Hotels in Quebec City
Reviewed January 1, 2012

Auberge Le Vincent was everything we were looking for in a quaint, cozy, romantic, super friendly, clean , comfortable boutique hotel. Service was wonderful, showers were outstanding and the breakfast which is included , was delicious.

Room Tip: We were in room 6 , the view was lovely and very quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Gina2012
There are newer reviews for Hotel Le Vincent

Reviewed December 24, 2011

When we first drove up to this "urban inn", my husband and I looked at each other with concern. It looks like a commercial building in a mixed use area. But from the moment we walked in the door, we loved the experience! Our rooms were incredibly charming and well appointed-I always love having a stereo for my iPod for example. The service was excellent from Claude and the staff. Great recommendations for concerts, restaurants and sight seeing. As mentioned in other reviews, the location requires a walk of 15 minutes or more to most places. Since the weather was bad,we took cabs some of the time which was very easy and inexpensive.
We absolutely loved our stay here and would stay again. One word of caution-we did get the impression that the ownership might be changing so you may want to check if Claude is still running the inn if you book there if that would make a difference to you.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank PatCT202
Reviewed December 15, 2011

It is hard to add something to all the great reviews, except that they are all true! We, my daughter and I, stayed for five nights in room number 10. We both slept as well as at home, usually after a few days in a hotel I am tired, and look forward to a good nights sleep. At Le Vincent we could have easily stayed longer. The owner gave us a map and a nice walking tour of Old Quebec. Even in December we didn't find the walk too far, there are many shops and restaurants along the way. Stop at Le Paillard for the macarons, they are really a taste experience. If you value personal service, exceptionally clean room and a great nights sleep don't let any comments about the location deter you from booking. We had no problem walking at night for late dinners.

Room Tip: Room 10 on top floor was very quiet, and private shower.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Trish002
Reviewed December 4, 2011

This 10 room Inn was warm, friendly and the perfect choice for our weekend stay.

Claude the owner was very helpful when providing information regarding what to see and where to eat in the city.

Our room was very comfortable and loved the breakfast.

We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed December 2, 2011

I really owe these guys a review - they say that they take them very seriously. I loved my stay at the St Vincent. I stayed in Room 6 on a nice quiet night in early November. My friend and I loved our stay here. She really wants to go back to Quebec City now and wished we spent more time here.

The element that really made our stay so fun was the service. We had a great time talking to the two men on staff. I also appreciated that they respected our privacy in this small place. They also have fantastic picks for food and sightseeing. They also tailor their reccomendations to you. For us, the staffer sent us to Le Cercle (which they also had a menu for) for a crazy meal. "You're young," he said. "This is a place for young people."

Our room was top-notch. The quality of the bed and fixtures was on par with the Montreal W that we stayed in the night before. The room was also nicely laid-out for the space it had. I liked that it had a really large couch that was almost big enough to sleep on. On the other hand, I could understand how someone could say this took too much of the room's space.

The bathroom was excellent. Especially the shower, which had a nice gravity shower.

I also liked the location. The hip Saint-Roch district is worth exploring.

I just wish we had more nights here. I want to be there now.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Erik M
Reviewed December 1, 2011

There are not enough adjectives of praise in the English language to describe this wonderful little hotel, so I only regret that I can't review it in French as well. First and foremost, the hospitality was beyond compare, and is what makes this place a memorable stand-out. Owner Claude and the others who help run Auberge Le Vincent treat guests with genuine warmth and friendliness, making every interaction a pleasure. The service in all aspects was flawless, from our check-in experience, to help with dining suggestions and reservations, to help with luggage and valeting of our car. During mid-October of 2011, we stayed in room 4, which was wonderful...spacious, quiet, and well-appointed. The espresso machine in the room was a great bonus, the free Internet service functioned perfectly, the bed was extremely comfortable, and the large, multi-jet shower was simply amazing. There was a small fridge in the room, as well as a CD player/iPod dock. The exposed brick walls in our room were gorgeous, and the large windows (with shutters) added plenty of natural light. The reception area downstairs was a welcoming place to relax, and we enjoyed learning from Claude how all the artwork had been created around a theme that was based on the shape of the building itself. The attention to detail throughout the building was quite impressive. The breakfast that was included in the room price was one of the highlights of our stay. The downstairs dining room is cozy, and breakfast is made to order from a kitchen that was viewable from the tables. (I'm still trying to recreate their delicious, fluffy omelettes at home.) The menu offerings were all excellent, from crepes to espresso to fresh fruit and then some. The unhurried service was not only impeccable, but was also where the friendliness of those taking care of us especially stood out. Add in the neighborhood, which has great shops and restaurants (try L'Affaire est Ketchup) within easy walking distance, and you can't go wrong with this choice.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank kitsch-22
Reviewed November 30, 2011

Very unique hotel experience. Nice not to be in a huge hotel complex. The rooms were artistically decorated and the bed was very comfy. Great place to come home to after a long day of touring. A little bit far from the centre. But Quebec city is nice to walk through.
Breakfast was great which added to the experience.

• Stayed: August 2011